Occasional Contributor

Auto delivery was on backorder

I had ordered  Clair (9) 1-lb Bags Chicken & Dumplings Auto-Delivery last year.  Waiting for my January I find out it is on backorder  The funny thing is the Sunday January 9th on ITKWD the Chicken & Dumplings were on, mine were suppose to be shipped that week.

Did QVC filled the new orders and not enough for the auto-delivery orders from last year?

How can Auto-Delivery be back ordered and Sunday they are on?  I checked my order today and now it is cancaled on 02/04/2022 and I did not cancel my order

Cockatiels are not throw away pets!
Super Contributor

Re: Auto delivery was on backorder

this happened to me a few yrs ago , so I no longer do auto delivery .

QVC should honor auto delivery first but they do not .

Honored Contributor

Not that it's any consolation, but a few others said the same thing happened to them.  They also wondered why vendors continued to sell at the same time they weren't honoring auto-deliveries.  

Honored Contributor

I think prices of raw materials like chicken are rising so fast, they can't afford to sell at the old AD price so they're cancelling those orders.  They are not going to sell at a loss.  I wouldn't be surprised to see fewer and fewer AD offers.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Occasional Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

I think prices of raw materials like chicken are rising so fast, they can't afford to sell at the old AD price so they're cancelling those orders.  They are not going to sell at a loss.  I wouldn't be surprised to see fewer and fewer AD offers.

I never thought of it that way, but your are probaly right.   When I 1st ordered it I paid $61.42 for 9 bags and when it was on ITKWD it was 8 bags for $74 and "change".  Just like like  manufactures, downsize and raise the price.

Cockatiels are not throw away pets!
Honored Contributor

Not food, but I have a Philosophy set on A/D that was supposed to ship Feb. 2nd, but is currently on backorder.  I looked at their own site (plus QVC) and the individual items in the set aren't available, so I won't be surprised, if it gets cancelled.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Have had the same problem with Egg Harbor Japanese-style Shrimp on AD...3 times last year got backorder email, then a cancellation without notice...had Cust Svc reinstate the last cancelled order and the same thing happened. Then I ordered this same item on during CIJ for early Dec delivery (AD not offered)...same problem, backorder then cancellation in December...Cust Svc said they could not reorder!  Keep hoping because this shrimp is wonderful1  Have had this item on several AD orders over the last 2-3 years with no delivery problems until 2021 starting mid-year.

Highlighted
New Contributor

QVC  appears worhtless anymore when it comes to auto-delivery. This is the 2nd time my auto-delivery may not ship because "the vendor may not be able to fulfill the order". BS!  The vendor could fulfill his TSV.  (Almost the same as my auto-delivery but with less product & at a higher price & oh! the customer could have auto-delivery too!) Why doesn't QVC make them honor the commitment for their first auto-delivery customers? Customer service is a joke...there is none. I rarely shop here anymore; it's my stop of last resort.

Esteemed Contributor

The EXACT same thing happened to me, but a different product.  I was on auto delivery for a 4 piece set of Dr. Denese's Hydroshield.  Fairly sure it was a TSV.  My recent expected shipment was on back order, and then QVC cancelled it. YET, the exact same product, all 4 pieces, same sizes, was available on the website, for $40 more.

I contacted customer service and was told that they can not substitute one time deliveries for auto deliveries.

Huh?  Why were those not earmarked for auto delivery first?  I made the commitment to get auto delivery and stick with the product.  Yet QVC would rather scr*w me and make an extra $40.00.

I currently have two other auto deliveries on back order and wonder if I will ever get those.

I realize there are "issues" but this is very bad customer service.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Regular Contributor

1. This just happened to me with a Philosophy auto delivery. I just emailed the better business bureau about it. It's not a good business practice at all, plus it's the second time it has happened to me.