Occasional Contributor

Auto Delivery - False Advertising QVC - Sad!!!

One of the reasons I use the Auto-Delivery option is the ability to change my selections on items that have choices. That no longer works if the item is sold out. No presentation mentions that fact. I have a number of items on Auto-Delivery that I wanted to change my choices (David's Cookies, Corky's Smoked Roasts, Popcorn, etc.). Now I am either stuck with my original choice or I cancel the auto delivery then I lose the special pricing.

Customer service - you need to add this fact to your presentations. All these changes you keep making are causing me to start to look elsewhere for products including going directly to the products' websites to order what I really want. Even if I pay a little more, I get everything I want.

Please reconsider or, at least, be honest about your claims.

Respected Contributor

Re: Auto Delivery - False Advertising QVC - Sad!!!

[ Edited ]

Seems to me there are usually a finite number available for the auto delivery options. Especially at these times. And those options often sell out. So if option XYZ isn't available the first time around, I would have zero expectations it would become available for subsequent delivery changes. These aren't normal times and often it seems people aren't understanding what a pandemic entails. If vendors can't get the products they need, and enough healthy employees to put a product out, options aren't going to be like they once may have been.

Honored Contributor

Common sense ought to indicate to you that if the product is not available, they can't sell it to you.  In the great scheme of things it may be aggravating but not really sad.  Sad is when 400,000 people die of covid19. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Occasional Contributor

Clearly the product is still being made because they have to honor all the auto-delivery orders that are out there. How hard is it to send a request to the manufacturer to change one type to another? Common sense would tell me that is a possibility.

What does people dying from Covid have to do with QVC orders?

Occasional Contributor

All I am asking is that QVC mention this in their presentations. They specify that you can change your order at any time. They should mention that may not be possible.

Honored Contributor

No, the don't have to honor auto delivery plans.  They cancel them all the time.  They cancel products when they're not available, which @Etoile308  explained very well.  It happens often these days.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Occasional Contributor

I understand that they might have to cancel if product is not available. I am only talking about letting people know that is a possibility - kind of a nice gesture. However, if the product is still available, what does it hurt to still allow a change even though the product is "sold out to new orders"? Good customer service should never go away no matter what is going on. That is how companies stay in business.

Thanks everyone for the feedback. 

Esteemed Contributor

I have no experience with auto delivery so I am curious if the customer is notified if, for whatever reason, they cannot fulfill the order?  The OP is suggesting customers be advised up front that due to circumstances beyond Q's control the order may not be fulfilled.  The fact that they cancel them all the time is concerning, like it's no big deal.  

Respected Contributor

I believe the OP is talking about changing some aspect of the auto delivery to a different option. For example, something like a hamburger order where you might originally ordered regular classic burger, but now want to switch to the cheese and bacon variety, but it's not available to switch. Or an order of crumb cakes was originally cinnamon but now want a change to blueberry. I think most vendors, if they're capable of fulfilling original auto delivery orders, may not have enough extra stock to allow switching.

I just know I'm thankful for any employee willing to go to any job everyday so I can stay home and have products delivered to my doorstep. 

Respected Contributor

I don't think QVC or any vendor would think cancelling an order would be no big deal.