Respected Contributor

Has anyone else had multiple auto deliveries canceled when the price goes up? I thought the purpose of auto delivery was so that if the price went up you got it for cheaper. I have had quite a few auto deliveries canceled when the price went up. I just got a notice that my Farmer John's popcorn is back ordered and that I may not get it at all and they may cancel the auto delivery.  It seems suspicious since the price has gone up quite a bit.   I see no reason to even have AUTO DELIVERY.

Honored Contributor

Re: Auto Deliveries cancelled

I am not surprised. I think the Q is in trouble.

Honored Contributor

I think its due to lack of product.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Respected Contributor

I was on AD for Philosophy Purity Made Simple for a long time.  It was 2 32 oz. bottles and a little something else.  It was canceled about 2 or 3 years ago.  So, for the most recent Philosophy Purity Made Simple TSV, I purchased 5 sets of 2 (32 oz) and no auto deivery because I was fearful of cancelation.  

Trusted Contributor

@Valstybaby No I haven't had any of my AD plans cancelled, unless I personally cancel them. I just checked my history and have had 44 AD, currently active are 10. None have been cancelled. 

Whenever there is the option for AD I always choose it since I can cancel any time. In my opinion, since most everything eventually has a sale price, I don't believe they cancel just to cancel because it is currently offered at a higher price. I feel any business prefers a guaranteed sale instead of extra inventory sitting around. If you do see an item that you had on AD that is available, and you received notice  it was out of stock, contact the social team or QVC. Perhaps they can explain why and you could get put back on AD. 

Honored Contributor

Another thing about auto-deliveries I've noticed is that sometimes a single shipment will be on sale, but if you click on the auto-delivery option it is at regular price.  

You have to be careful and pay attention before ordering.

Esteemed Contributor

@geezerette 

that's interesting  because  many Hosts constantly say if you buy something at sale price than you're locked in for all future deliveries at the sale price .  Is it False info  of theirs  to make a sale ?

Honored Contributor

@skatting44 wrote:

@geezerette 

that's interesting  because  many Hosts constantly say if you buy something at sale price than you're locked in for all future deliveries at the sale price .  Is it False info  of theirs  to make a sale ?

@skatting44 

I don't know if the ones I've been looking at were the same that the hosts have presented.  It's possible that the same pricing only applies to certain A-Ds.  I have some A-Ds that have stayed the same price.

But I had just looked at a sale product online and would have gotten it on A-D but the price was higher for subsequent deliveries.

Honored Contributor

They have been doing this for years.  They just go back on the promise.  No harm no foul--for them!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@iamaoldhippie. And asking a legitimate question is part of what these boards are for.