Honored Contributor

Attn Mods - Tax Free Shopping Weekend in Ohio

Today through Sunday is sales tax free shopping in Ohio.  Of course there are restrictions.

However, any clothing item under $75.00 is included (not accessories though like handbags, jewelry, watches, etc.)

I was going to place an order on-line this morning and was being charged sales tax.  I know this tax free weekend includes on-line shopping.  I didn't place the order because of the tax being charged.

Do I have to contact QVC about this to get my tax credited back? TIA

Honored Contributor

Re: Attn Mods - Tax Free Shopping Weekend in Ohio

@LipstickdivaNo idea, but your question does make me wonder how the states (and counties and cities) notify any sellers about special tax days. 

I know that sometimes even local changes don't make it to the computers, so I'd call CS -  unless a mod can tell you something else.

One of my mantras is that no one cares for our money more than we do -  and here's just one tiny example.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

This is also the tax-free week-end for New Mexico.  In the past, I've made clothing purchases during the tax-free period and QVC has always recognized it and never charged the tax.  I purchased a pair of pants this morning and was not charged tax.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624, I just placed an order and there was no tax charged now.  Maybe I was ordering prior to them removing the tax or it was a glitch. 

Honored Contributor

It's tax free weekend in Ok also.

I received an email from my HSN credit card that it's tax free weekend & how much my available balance is. LOL!!!

Respected Contributor

@millieshops wrote:

@LipstickdivaNo idea, but your question does make me wonder how the states (and counties and cities) notify any sellers about special tax days. 

I know that sometimes even local changes don't make it to the computers, so I'd call CS -  unless a mod can tell you something else.

One of my mantras is that no one cares for our money more than we do -  and here's just one tiny example.

Yes! Look at all these different laws for different items and price ranges across the states. What a nightmare it must be for stores to manage, especially online stores that deal with all the states.

http://time.com/money/5356365/tax-free-weekend-sales-tax-holidays-2018/

Honored Contributor

I'm in a state with a tax free weekend also, have placed a few orders with QVC today, and was not charged sales tax for the items on which I wasn't to be charged tax per my state's law.