Esteemed Contributor

Re: Attn: Moderators Re: Posting Pictures

[ Edited ]

@dooBdoo 

While the IT team is (not) looking at these issues, I want to mention the wonkyness in trying to select a font size (menu appears and immediately disappears, you have to tap it twice), and the hoop-jumping needed to 'paste' (without a mouse) also started last November, when I reported it was taking longer to load my profile page.

The most aggravating change since Nov. is difficult to explain:

While there is landscape and portrait position of the screen, there is also choice between "full" and "mobile" view presentation to the viewer (me). 

Full view, held in the portrait position gives me the easiest to read visual layout. It also gives me all 7 icons in the banner.

Problem is when I write a post, about 50% of the time when I check it in Preview, it all appears translated into HTML!! 

If I reload the page I find it (this website) has changed my settings (by itself) from full view to mobile view sometime while I was writing.

But I have figured out work-arounds for this too.

Once in a while I'm in a hurry and post without previewing. Later I'll catch my post there in the thread in all it's HTML glory. What must people think of me, seeing a post translated to appear in code?

SMH. 

edit to add @Susan-QVC 

I wonder if posters using a mouse have these issues, or just touch-screen?

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Interesting and valuable details, @x Hedge.    This site is less compatible with mobile devices, no matter which brands, models, or software.   

I only use my old iPhone 5 here (or my ancient iPad 3) to troubleshoot problems (compare it with my other devices/software), or the iPhone when I'm away from home and have time to check in and see what's going on.   

I use my iPad 6 quite a lot, and it's surprising this website seems to be wonky with even the newer updated devices and software.   I only get the "Version:  Mobile | Full" option with the iPhone, not the iPad, and on both devices I can see 15 Rich Text features in the toolbar banner.   The editing can be cumbersome with the Apple mobile devices, since our text often will be overlaid by the drop-down menu choices from the toolbar and, as you said, the cut/copy and paste can be a frustrating endeavor.   I haven't experienced the display changes when refreshing, or the switch to HTML...  that must be really annoying.    I don't know which device or browser you're using, but I think most of us have remarked that the new forum platform has never been as welcoming or user-friendly for any mobile devices.    Odd for the Q to find this acceptable, since they are so widely used.  

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

@Sweetbay magnolia wrote:

IMG_0444.JPG

Check check... This took under 1 minute.  Macbook Air (trackpad), latest OS, Fios, Safari as browser.

@Sweetbay magnolia   That's exactly what I use.  I posted a picture of my cat the other day, and it took a very long time.  It's taken a long time the last few times I've posted a picture.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@Susan-QVC wrote:

@NickNack wrote:

Are they working on getting the problem with posting pictures corrected?  They are extremely slow in posting, and it's very frustrating. 

@NickNack    It looks like the issue was reported in early May, we have not gotten any updates as of today.  I will send a followup service ticket. 

So sorry for the inconvienence :-(

Susan Q-Social

Thank you @Susan-QVC .  I hope they'll take care of the problem this time.  I also have trouble clicking on user names like @dooBdoo  mentioned in this thread, too.  It takes so long I just give up.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

QVC Customer Care

@NickNack   When it comes to clicking on nic, we have a huge delay internally also.   Susan Q-Social