Honored Contributor
Accepted Solution

Attn MODS: Replacement items sent when NOT requested. Why?

Currently, I have had to repack and drive almost 2 hours round trip to my "local" post office, wait in line and deal with grumpy people because QVC has re-sent items that were either cancelled or returned due to a damage product. A refund was requested AND given and yet, ANOTHER ITEM WAS RESENT.

No one can figure this out. I thought it was just me but I've now read in 2 other threads that other customers are having this happen. The next time it happens, I'm not returning the item, I'm going to garbage it and tell QVC it never arrived because it's MY time, MY gas and I'm SICK of it happening. 

Just thought you all should know about this problem. : )

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Attn MODS: Replacement items sent when NOT requested. Why?

[ Edited ]

@SahmIam I find out about 1/2 the time I return something for being defective I am charged the return fee,  I just chose to stop shopping at QVC, IMO I felt I was spending way too much time on correcting mistake after mistake on my account, I literaly had to go over my statements with a fine tooth comb, and that to me is not worth it.  Yes, they refund you shipping charges, but then I have to wait on average 4-5 days for the credit on my statement, and the Customer Service 1-800 number has become less than acceptable, I must give kuddos to the forum CS clerks here on the Forums, they go beyond the normal standard, or most of them anyway!

Esteemed Contributor

wow--2 hour trip......that sure isn't a "local" post office!  qvc owes you gas money!!  i'd be exhausted.....

Honored Contributor

@nana59 Trust me, I'm not thrilled.

We're considered a "rural route" for our specific post office. My community is located at the farthest point of the area this post office services (My zip contains the largest amount of property in the county). Why not build another post office?  Funds, obviously. So those of us further out have to do the 45 minute drive each way (much longer in bad weather and traffic).

It stinks.

Honored Contributor

@SahmIam. You don't have to be a martyr.  Stick the paid Q return label on your package and leave it for your carrier to return or go on USPS.com and ask for a pick up.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624  Trust me, I don't play the role of martyr for anyone. This is ALL about not being held responsible for the cost of an item. 

I've done what you said. The item was NEVER received by QVC and I was out $150 (hair item) because I had NO PROOF it was sent back. Also, when this happened (2 years ago), I spoke to the Post Master regarding theft via the post office and she looked at me and said "how do WE know you put it out there for pick up?"

She was right. That receipt is MY proof to cover MY ass in the event the package is lost or "walks".  *shrugs*

Esteemed Contributor

It’s my understanding that if you use the Q return label & hand the package to the postman you are covered if the package gets lost even if you don’t have a receipt.The package is insured & you’re off the hook if it gets lost. Can a mod jump in here & correct me if I’m wrong!!

Honored Contributor

@SahmIam   Since many post offices don't give receipts for pre-paid labels, some people take a photo of the label; I've never heard of QVC not taking their word that it was returned.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 Just because you take a picture doesn't mean you actually sent it. 

It happened to me. *shrugs*

Honored Contributor

@NicksmomESQ  I agree but I was told (and this happened roughly 2 years ago or so) that it has to have been scanned so it's in the system for that to be so.

If it never makes it to the PO (meaning it was stolen by someone), then you have NO proof you handed it off/placed it in your mailbox. The person stealing it isn't going to own up, so....you're responsible. 

This also happened to me at HSN for a much cheaper item. I had to pay for the item as well. Both instances happened within a week of each other and it was also when I started asking for a receipt (I didn't know you could do that; never had before). Live and learn.