Honored Contributor

Attn: MODS: Question about cancelled item on my account

I had ordered the Laurie Felt jeans  TS on Jan 14th... and then cancelled the order a few hours later.  It said the order was cancelled, yet on my Discover account three days later  it shows the full amount of $69.78 as a transaction and PENDING...  How long does a  cancelled item remain as pending 0n a credit card account?   Four days seems like a lot.

On My QVC account it shows the order was cancelled in full.   

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Attn: MODS: Question about cancelled item on my account

@SeaMaiden - I'm not a moderator, but I worked in the credit card division of the largest bank in the nation for nine years, so I can tell you that pending charges may appear on an account for up to seven days—and I've actually seen instances where charges stuck around for 10-11 days—which can obviously be very frustrating. This is typically tied to automated electronic activities at the transaction processor, not the vendor or the bank, so there isn't much that can be done to change the situation. I hope your charge disappears soon!

QVC Customer Care

@SeaMaiden wrote:

I had ordered the Laurie Felt jeans  TS on Jan 14th... and then cancelled the order a few hours later.  It said the order was cancelled, yet on my Discover account three days later  it shows the full amount of $69.78 as a transaction and PENDING...  How long does a  cancelled item remain as pending 0n a credit card account?   Four days seems like a lot.

On My QVC account it shows the order was cancelled in full.   

Hi @SeaMaiden thank you for your post in our Community Customer Care forum today. I did check to be sure the order did cancel successfully and it has. Each bank has their own rules regarding the time frame for holds on authorizations, typically 3-10 days. Please check directly with the credit card company for the correct answer, thank you. ~Kim

Honored Contributor

Thank you.  I will just keep checking my account daily to see  when it is gone.