Honored Contributor

Hello, I just noticed you deleted my duplicate post. I often do this deliberately, same info in 2 places, since it is info that is pertinent to both areas, and some may read one area, and not the other.  I find it to be very helpful to see things in 2 places, just my personal thoughts, thanks so much. I also notice that often there are multiple posts on same subject in same area. that, I sometimes do find annoying. 

QVC Customer Care

Hi @Shelbelle I understand your disappointment, however the Community Standards do state not to post duplicate threads. I do understand that they are pertinent to both subjects and I am sorry.

Regular Contributor

@Alice-QVC   One suggestion regarding the deletion of duplicate posts.  It would be helpful if you could post a link to the remaining post or at least denote which specific forum that the remaining post is in.  Many times I look at a post because I am interested in the subject, only to see it has been deleted, and more often than not I cannot find the remaining post.

Honored Contributor

Re: Attn: Alice

[ Edited ]

Just curious, there are 2 posts about the death of Robert Conrad in the TV Section, and another one in the Community section, why were 2 of them not removed?? thanks. 

Honored Contributor

@Shelbelle wrote:

Just curious, there are 2 posts about the death of Robert Conrad in the TV Section, and another one in the Community section, why were 2 of them not removed?? thanks. 

@Shelbelle  The mods do many other things than patrol these boards. Just report inappropriate on the threads so they will see it. That is probably what happened to your duplicate threads. If I were you I would stop with the questioning since you received your answer.

Honored Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@Shelbelle wrote:

@Shelbelle  The mods do many other things than patrol these boards. Just report inappropriate on the threads so they will see it. That is probably what happened to your duplicate threads. If I were you I would stop with the questioning since you received your answer.

I see no harm in asking a reasonable question that was very pertinent to my original question and to the answer which I received. 

Esteemed Contributor

Different people can post about same the topic.  Usually because people do not check to see if there's post about the topic already and the sentiment is usually different.  A duplicate post is different, it's the exact same post in different forums.

Honored Contributor

duplicate threads from the same person are not allowed.

duplicate threads by different people are allowed and happen frequently in tv/movies and in community chat.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein