Esteemed Contributor

Re: Attention Moderator I need help,Please

@dooBdoo wrote:

@NicksmomESQ wrote:

@dooBdoo   Any clue why it's working for everyone else but me? I keep following your steps exactly but nothing changes. I keep being told that the Nic is already used. I log out then back in again & nothing works.

@NicksmomESQ, If it says the nickname is already in use, that means it's not allowing that specific name and it's not updating your account.   You have to choose a name that the system will accept without generating the "already used" message.

@dooBdoo  But I want my Nicksmom  nic back. Wasn't that the whole point?

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@NicksmomESQ wrote:

@dooBdoo wrote:

@NicksmomESQ wrote:

@dooBdoo   Any clue why it's working for everyone else but me? I keep following your steps exactly but nothing changes. I keep being told that the Nic is already used. I log out then back in again & nothing works.

@NicksmomESQ, If it says the nickname is already in use, that means it's not allowing that specific name and it's not updating your account.   You have to choose a name that the system will accept without generating the "already used" message.

@dooBdoo  But I want my Nicksmom  nic back. Wasn't that the whole point?

@NicksmomESQ

I do agree, that was the point, for sure.   However, the new problem is that you've run into a technical glitch with the nickname, through no fault of your own.

If the system kicks a specific nickname back as having already been used and displays the message you keep seeing, it simply will not let you use it.   

That message means "no update, try again with a different name."

I know it makes no sense since you were the one who used it -- I've seen other posters encounter that problem, too.   

That does explain why yours isn't updating, though.  I'm glad you followed up with the details -- those clues might help the moderators and IT staff fix it for you.

At the moment, your only recourse is to change it to a slightly different version of the "Nicksmom" name and/or to continue to ask the QVC Social Team if they can get IT to change it back for you.   

I wish I had a better answer.❤️

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Esteemed Contributor

@dooBdoo  You've been very helpful!! Thank you 🙏 

Honored Contributor

@NicksmomESQ wrote:

@dooBdoo  You've been very helpful!! Thank you 🙏 

You're welcome. @NicksmomESQ.   Thank you for being a good sport.🤗  I hope this can be resolved for you soon.❤️

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Esteemed Contributor

@dooBdoo  I took your advice & slightly modified my nic to NicksmomESQ. I hope everyone will know who I am lol!

Honored Contributor

I was unable to sign in-had to change my password and my nickname. Hardly the biggest problem obviously, but I would like my old nickname back. 

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Honored Contributor

@NicksmomESQ wrote:

@dooBdoo  I took your advice & slightly modified my nic to NicksmomESQ. I hope everyone will know who I am lol!

Love it, @NicksmomESQ!  You sound very official! 😃

Honored Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21 wrote:

I was unable to sign in-had to change my password and my nickname. Hardly the biggest problem obviously, but I would like my old nickname back. 

@Greeneyedlady21,  Did you try changing your name using the steps I posted?  I hope it will work for you. 🤗

Honored Contributor

@dooBdoo I tried, but I get the message that it's already in use. So I can't change it back.

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Honored Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21 wrote:

@dooBdoo I tried, but I get the message that it's already in use. So I can't change it back.

I'm sorry, @Greeneyedlady21.  I hope the moderators will let IT know about this.  
Good wishes.❤️