Esteemed Contributor

Attention Moderator I need help,Please

As usual I had trouble signing on to the community boards this morning. When I finally got in I posted a comment in response to a thread. I then noticed my nic was posted as "no 1 metfan" .I never changed my Nic from "Nicksmom". I wouldn't even know how to do it! The metfan Nic is for when I post product reviews.It comes up automatically just like Nicksmom comes up automatically when I post on the boards.

Can a mod please help correct my Nic back to "Nicksmom"?

Honored Contributor

Re: Attention Moderator I need help,Please

I have the exact same problem. I am registered under Canldequeen, and now all of a sudden after I signed in it gave me the nic of LoveCandles. I do not want to change my nic, can I please have assistance with changing back to my originial nic as well? Thanks!!!!!!

Honored Contributor

That is crazy!  I'm sorry this is happening and I hope the mods can help.

I would suggest putting your OLD nic in your signature so people know it's you. Smiley Happy

QVC Customer Care

[ Edited ]

Good morning @NicksmomESQ @CANDLEQUEEN @Mj12  , thank you for your post and email. I apologize that happened. We were having issues with the Community forums this AM. I also could not sign in.

It has been fixed, maybe reboot/refresh/restart and give it another try and you should be back to Nicksmom.

Posting this email I sent to @NicksmomESQ - I hope that it may assist others.

Kim, QVC Social Team

Esteemed Contributor

@Kim-QVC wrote:

Good morning @NicksmomESQ @CANDLEQUEEN @Mj12  , thank you for your post and email. I apologize that happened. We were having issues with the Community forums this AM. I also could not sign in.

It has been fixed, maybe reboot/refresh/restart and give it another try and you should be back to Nicksmom.

Posting this email I sent to @NicksmomESQ - I hope that it may assist others.

Kim, QVC Social Team

@Kim-QVC    I just cleared all the cookies & restarted my device & it didn't change my Nic back. Please help!!

Thanks!

Honored Contributor

@NicksmomESQ and @CANDLEQUEEN,

I'm sorry to see all the nickname problems and login problems.  I don't know if this will help with this new glitch, but you might want to try these steps I posted before on other threads and see if you can change your name back:

To change your Community nickname, these are the steps (I think they'll be the same no matter what device you're using, but if someone sees a different set of steps/options, please let us know):

1 -- Go to the shopping area of QVC.com 

and then to the "My Account" section

(this is located in your personal account for the shopping site 

where you enter things like your shipping address,

payment and billing info, etc. --   

it is not located in the profile/settings

for the Community forums.)

2 -- Choose "Account Settings" 

3 -- You'll see "Nickname" as one of the settings

4 -- Your current one will be displayed, and you can click/tap the word "Edit"

5 -- Enter the new name in the box provided below the current name

6 -- Click/tap "Save"

7 -- If it accepts the change (important:  you might get a message telling you the name has previously been used and you have to try a different one), then log out.

8 --  Then log back into the Community and the change will take effect.

(A nickname change might not take effect

until you log out of the Community

and then log back in).

Take care, everyone.🌻

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Esteemed Contributor

@dooBdoo  If I do that will that put me back to being a new member?  I don't want to lose  my over 6,000 posts.I also don't want to mess up my account.I'm not that computer savvy

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@NicksmomESQ wrote:

@dooBdoo  If I do that will that put me back to being a new member?  I don't want to lose  my over 6,000 posts.I also don't want to mess up my account.I'm not that computer savvy

@NicksmomESQ

Following these steps in your existing account won't create a new account or reset you to being a new customer/member or change your posts -- it's the same as going in and editing your address, phone number, payment info, etc.   All you're doing is updating your existing account.   

I hope it works!  I never know anymore because the problems on this website instead of getting better are growing worse by the day.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

@dooBdoo wrote:

@NicksmomESQ and @CANDLEQUEEN,

I'm sorry to see all the nickname problems and login problems.  I don't know if this will help with this new glitch, but you might want to try these steps I posted before on other threads and see if you can change your name back:

To change your Community nickname, these are the steps (I think they'll be the same no matter what device you're using, but if someone sees a different set of steps/options, please let us know):

1 -- Go to the shopping area of QVC.com 

and then to the "My Account" section

(this is located in your personal account for the shopping site 

where you enter things like your shipping address,

payment and billing info, etc. --   

it is not located in the profile/settings

for the Community forums.)

2 -- Choose "Account Settings" 

3 -- You'll see "Nickname" as one of the settings

4 -- Your current one will be displayed, and you can click/tap the word "Edit"

5 -- Enter the new name in the box provided below the current name

6 -- Click/tap "Save"

7 -- If it accepts the change (important:  you might get a message telling you the name has previously been used and you have to try a different one), then log out.

8 --  Then log back into the Community and the change will take effect.

(A nickname change might not take effect

until you log out of the Community

and then log back in).

Take care, everyone.🌻

@dooBdoo Thanks so much for taking the time to help! I did it and it worked for me! I followed your steps exactly, and then signed out and signed back in and now my original nic is back! Thanks so much!!!!!

Esteemed Contributor

@dooBdoo  I just did exactly as you said 3 times & nothing changed!!

@Kim-QVC  Kim, Can you please help ? This so frustrating. Thanks!