Honored Contributor

I have been trying for weeks to ask questions on a product and everytime it tells me to change my nickname.  Why is this?? I haven't had to change it for anything else.

Respected Contributor

Re: Asking For New Nickname??

I had the same thing happen to me a couple days ago on a product page I wanted to ask a question on.  I just canceled out since I didn’t want to change my nickname.  Hope it gets fixed. 

Super Contributor

Everytime it asks me I just put my same nickname in and it takes...dont know why it wants us to change.

Respected Contributor

I think a lot of us had  to change our nicks a month or more ago because it wouldn't let us get in otherwise. I just added 2 digits to my nick.

Honored Contributor

Just re-type your current name.  It works, I've never changed mine from day one.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Pecky wrote:

I have been trying for weeks to ask questions on a product and everytime it tells me to change my nickname.  Why is this?? I haven't had to change it for anything else.

@Pecky  @itsmagic  - I've posted the same information on several threads that @depglass has just given.

Just type in your existing nickname and hit continue.  It's stupid and annoying, just another glitch in this crazy system that isn't being fixed, but you don't need to change your nickname.

Respected Contributor

@89135 and @Venezia Thanks for the info.  I had just been closing the window on the request and moving on.  @Pecky May have been like me and not seen your previous threads with this info.  

If my dog doesn't like you, neither do I.
Esteemed Contributor

@Jk9 wrote:

@89135 and @Venezia Thanks for the info.  I had just been closing the window on the request and moving on.  @Pecky May have been like me and not seen your previous threads with this info.  

Same here, thanks for the info!

Honored Contributor

@Pecky @I don't know why they keep asking, but I just type in my current nickname and press enter and I can keep the same nickname. 

The asking to change every time you vote on a review is a pain and a waste of our time.