Honored Contributor

Re: Are the MODS here really doing their job???

[ Edited ]

@Kachina624 wrote:

@dooBdoo. How do I contact Apple Support?  In all the years i used that thing, I never had need to contact them. I did have everything in the cloud.

@Kachina624,  Oh, that's great!   You have a backup, so you should be able to erase/restore the device and then restore it from your backup and you will have access to the settings then.    Just be careful not to restore or erase your backup.   To see what Apple has to say, you could try calling but I think I'd start with this online support.

copy and paste:

getsupport.apple.com/?locale=en_US&SG=SG004

eta:  @Huggy Bear,   I just realized how far O/T this went...  my apologies to you and welcome to the Community forums.   I hope you find a good solution to your problems with your order.   I know you're not alone in this kind of issue with QVC, and it has to be beyond the normal level of frustration for you and for other customers, too.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

Thanks for the help @dooBdoo .

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Contributor

eta:  @Huggy Bear,   I just realized how far O/T this went...  my apologies to you and welcome to the Community forums.   I hope you find a good solution to your problems with your order.   I know you're not alone in this kind of issue with QVC, and it has to be beyond the normal level of frustration for you and for other customers, too.

No worries - I am hoping I can get it resolved soon Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

No company could pay me enough to work in customer service or moderate these or any other forums.

I dont have the patience it would take to be kind to people that yell, scream, get nasty, threaten if they dont get what the want. when they want it.

Yes things are wonky at the Q (according to these boards)  I personally have not had any trouble (knock on wood).  But dont people think they are working on them?  Why would a company want to give poor service?  Doesnt make any sense.

So try some kindness, patience and understanding during these times.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

@dooBdoo Thank you!  I had no idea.  Hope you're doing well.Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

To answer the question...  yes, I feel the moderators are "doing their job," and I also think it would be an eye-opener for everyone here to walk in their shoes for a week or month to get a better perspective.   
               I'm on record saying that QVC's series of rapid changes is, to me, a perplexing and disappointing imbroglio.   QVC really did represent quality, value and convenience when I began as a customer in the 1990s, and hardly a week went by that I didn't make several purchases, but I think they've descended into a messy quagmire of problems readily apparent in the myriad of threads here and complaints on their other social media.  
               As I've written before, I can't help but think of the play/movie "The Producers," with the goal being a deliberate, calculated plan and intent to fail.   
               Even so, that's not the fault of the moderators, the members of the QVC Social Team, a small staff covering round-the-clock shifts who do much more than simply monitoring a few posts in the Community.   
               (By the way, if anyone thinks that's quick and easy...  look at how many sub-forums there are, and then how many threads there are in each one, and then how many posts on each thread, to see what's involved just in the task of scanning the activity here.)   
               They also respond to notifications and alerts;  they read and respond to email;  they answer and make customer service phone calls;  they monitor the other official QVC social media accounts (such as Facebook, Instagram, etc.);  they take reports of tech problems and forward them to the IT staff (and they experience the technical glitches, too, as the woefully problematic website limps along);  they research and do their best to resolve the problems customers report about specific, individual orders.   
               Most of those things are considerably, even massively, time-consuming.

In addition, many of us have seen them step in to help posters when personal crises arose...   the moderators are human, and I've seen some remarkable and exceptional kindnesses on their part.   I'm grateful for that, and I know others are, too.
               These responsibilities I've listed are just the part of their job that I'm aware of, so there likely is more to it than we know.     I don't always understand or agree with their decisions, but I don't think they deserve to be so badly treated, maligned, sarcastically mocked, or unfairly accused as they are in ubiquitous posts.    
               I've spent most of my life in IT management/support working with customers and users, also spent time helping moderate an international forum,  and I think it's unfortunate and disappointing to see the moderators used as a target for so many really harsh posts which actually reflect upon the person/poster who is being so harsh and which cast no shadows on their intended targets.   
               We're human and we want and need an outlet to vent and rant -- I get that.   Valid complaints are important, they should be encouraged and not quashed, but they make the most impact when offered in a civil and respectful manner.   
               One more thing...  a forum "chat board" is rapidly becoming a thing of the past, businesses are closing them in favor of other social media platforms, and the more we make the QVC Community a discordant environment the better the chance it will be closed, too.   I think its demise is a real possibility, and I, for one, will miss all of you -- posters and moderators -- if it should happen.🌻

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ECBG wrote:

@dooBdoo Thank you!  I had no idea.  Hope you're doing well.Smiley Happy

@ECBG,  You're welcome!   Just keep an eye out for the link icon (looks like a paperclip) next to your thread title, or click/tap the images and words in the post to be sure they don't redirect us.

Thanks for the good wishes -- I send them to you, too!❤️

Esteemed Contributor

@dooBdoo - Nicely stated!

Honored Contributor

@riley1 wrote:

@dooBdoo - Nicely stated!

Thanks, @riley1!😊

Honored Contributor

@dooBdoo wrote:

To answer the question...  yes, I feel the moderators are "doing their job," and I also think it would be an eye-opener for everyone here to walk in their shoes for a week or month to get a better perspective.   
               I'm on record saying that QVC's series of rapid changes is, to me, a perplexing and disappointing imbroglio.   QVC really did represent quality, value and convenience when I began as a customer in the 1990s, and hardly a week went by that I didn't make several purchases, but I think they've descended into a messy quagmire of problems readily apparent in the myriad of threads here and complaints on their other social media.  
               As I've written before, I can't help but think of the play/movie "The Producers," with the goal being a deliberate, calculated plan and intent to fail.   
               Even so, that's not the fault of the moderators, the members of the QVC Social Team, a small staff covering round-the-clock shifts who do much more than simply monitoring a few posts in the Community.   
               (By the way, if anyone thinks that's quick and easy...  look at how many sub-forums there are, and then how many threads there are in each one, and then how many posts on each thread, to see what's involved just in the task of scanning the activity here.)   
               They also respond to notifications and alerts;  they read and respond to email;  they answer and make customer service phone calls;  they monitor the other official QVC social media accounts (such as Facebook, Instagram, etc.);  they take reports of tech problems and forward them to the IT staff (and they experience the technical glitches, too, as the woefully problematic website limps along);  they research and do their best to resolve the problems customers report about specific, individual orders.   
               Most of those things are considerably, even massively, time-consuming.

In addition, many of us have seen them step in to help posters when personal crises arose...   the moderators are human, and I've seen some remarkable and extraordinary kindnesses on their part.   I'm grateful for that, and I know others are, too.
               These responsibilities I've listed are just the part of their job that I'm aware of, so there likely is more to it than we know.     I don't always understand or agree with their decisions, but I don't think they deserve to be so badly treated, maligned, sarcastically mocked, or unfairly accused as they are in ubiquitous posts.    
               I've spent most of my life in IT management/support working with customers and users, also spent time helping moderate an international forum,  and I think it's unfortunate and disappointing to see the moderators used as a target for so many really harsh posts which actually reflect upon the person/poster who is being so harsh and which cast no shadows on their intended targets.   
               We're human and we want and need an outlet to vent and rant -- I get that.   Valid complaints are important, they should be encouraged and not quashed, but they make the most impact when offered in a civil and respectful manner.   
               One more thing...  a forum "chat board" is rapidly becoming a thing of the past, businesses are closing them in favor of other social media platforms, and the more we make the QVC Community a discordant environment the better the chance it will be closed, too.   I think its demise is a real possibility, and I, for one, will miss all of you -- posters and moderators -- if it should happen.🌻

@dooBdoo  I agree with your last paragraph. I have been here for a long time(since Shop talk) and would miss the forums. But you’re right. Too many other kinds of social media out there.