Honored Contributor

Re: Anyone else received a half open QVC package in mail?!

I just received a set of sheets from HSN and wish I took a pic.

The box (well if that's what it was) was completely tore, sheets were showing & taped all over.  I cut it and the sheets were in perfect condition in the packaging.  I washed them immediately.

I guess it's just a matter of how it runs through the processing machines.   I got a bag of clothing from Carters yesterday the bag was tore -- everything was fine!!!

Personally, Q or other retailers can't control the USPS handling of your package.  Perhaps this is a matter you should address with Postmaster General considering postage fees are on the rise everyday!!!!

Honored Contributor

It's likely, if it was a plastic bag, that it just got caught on some piece of machinery, somewhere along the delivery route.  As long as the item was still sealed inside, I'd do as another poster said:  wipe down the shipping bag and inside packaging, then immediately wash the item of clothing.

I wouldn't return it simply because the outside bag was partially opened.  As for calling USPS to report it - good luck with that!  I tried to call them once to report a box that I received, almost totally destroyed, despite having "Fragile" stickers all over it.  My wait time was "one hour and 45 minutes"!

So I filed a complaint online and got no response whatsover, but a few days later I DID get a survey asking me how satisfied I was with their response to my complaint!  Totally useless and a huge waste of time.

Valued Contributor

That would never even come across my radar.  Clean the package. wash your hands, wash your new item and wear it in good health.

Respected Contributor

I have received damaged boxes and bags, BUT those have been delivered by USPS, none ever received in damaged state from UPS!