Super Contributor

Anyone else received a half open QVC package in mail?!

I was appalled at the condition of a package I received recently from the Q, it was a replacement/ exchange for a clothing item which was sealed in a clear plastic bag like always, but the shipping bag itself was totally open on the top portion, for half of the package - especially with what's going on now with precautions to do with COVID-19, wasn't at all happy with the condition of my package ~ my question is, has anyone else experienced this recently? I know I can call the USPS and complain, but actually it could very well be it left the warehouse like that - last November, there was a Laura Geller TSV that had that very situation and I actually received one of the partially open packages (in a box, not bag) and I immediately took it to the post office and shipped it back. This is a much more difficult situation since I have no interest in going to the Post Office anytime soon~ will have to see about possible pick up, but think there is a fee in our area.
Thanks so much for any help ~ if possible I'm attaching a picture!
Super Contributor

Re: Anyone else received a half open QVC package in mail?!

I guess you can only attach pictures in reviews lol, sorry everyone, oh well!
Esteemed Contributor

Maybe I just need more coffee to get full brain function but I don't understand what the virus has to do with the outer mailing bag being half open on the top. I'm assuming you were able to look inside and see that the other bag w/the item in it was still ok. 

Honored Contributor

Sounds like the bag wasn't sealed properly.  I understand your concern the inner bag might be contaminated, too.  

I've had a few boxes from QVC just about totally destroyed with contents lying on the sidewalk when UPS delivered them. The boxes weren't sturdy enough for the weight and size of the items.   

If buyers could see how shippers throw boxes around during transit, unless marked fragile, they'd understand why it's necessary for retailers to use strong, sturdy packing, particularly for breakable items.  

Honored Contributor

While I wouldn't have liked to receive a package that way, since the inner package was still sealed, I would have taken a clorox wipe and wiped down the inner package thoroughly.

Esteemed Contributor

We have been receiving other peoples packages by Amazon deliverers.  The newer people they've hired I guess?  Fortunately we live in a condo so we are bringing the packages to the mail room assuming the resident they are addressed to will check there.

I'm  a bit annoyed having to handle packages other than my own.  I know they are very busy and have tried to cut them some slack but the unit #'s are on everyones garage, they just need to pay more attention.  Haven't seen any damaged ones though.

Frequent Contributor

I have received two packages (plastic) that had been opened.

Both delivered  by post office- one had a piece of tape closing it up stating that the post office had received the package "open".

Not sure what is happening but in this world now a days it is scary.  Just makes me wonder where they went to.

Valued Contributor

this is scary!! thankfully every pkg I have ever received frm QVC has always been in excellent condition. it seems more likely to me that damages would occur more often in transit.
Honored Contributor

Sounds like a packaging machine malfunction. 

Esteemed Contributor

@DooneyGal2 - Yes, I've definitely received items from QVC in plastic bags that were partially opened—fortunately, I haven't gotten an empty bag yet. The new bags that the Q started using last year are much flimsier than the previous versions, and seams along the sides seem like they become unsealed if you just look at them wrong. The quality is very poor.

If you want to add a picture to a post here in the forums, just look for the little icon that looks like a box around mountains and a sun/moon (right next to the link icon in most viewing setups). When you click it, you will be given options for uploading a photo.