Respected Contributor

Anyone Else Get the Letter Regarding the Malden Mills TSV?

Yesterday QVC sent me a letter regarding my order which was placed on 9/21. A TSV.  I was not on a waitlist, the sheets were "instock" when I placed my order. The order was then moved to a  "pre-order" status first, then moved to "backorder" and now they say it is not available for immediate shipment. Really? They will also let me know if they cannot get additional quantities. 

First time this has happened to me, I have shopped here for years and have ordered the Malden Mills sheets a couple of times. Anyone know what this is about? Has this happened to you?

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Honored Contributor

Re: Anyone Else Get the Letter Regarding the Malden Mills TSV?

@Jacie wrote:

Yesterday QVC sent me a letter regarding my order which was placed on 9/21. A TSV.  I was not on a waitlist, the sheets were "instock" when I placed my order. The order was then moved to a  "pre-order" status first, then moved to "backorder" and now they say it is not available for immediate shipment. Really? They will also let me know if they cannot get additional quantities. 

First time this has happened to me, I have shopped here for years and have ordered the Malden Mills sheets a couple of times. Anyone know what this is about? Has this happened to you?

@Jacie You may have shopped here for years but most of those years didn't have a pandemic going on. Haven't you been aware that the pandemic has caused a lot of shipping problems? There is a shortage of delivery people and cargo shipments have also been delayed. Haven't you noticed bare shelves at the supermarket? Same reason.  Nowadays you can't necessarily get everything you want when you want it!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Pearlee I actually haven't noticed it much in the states that I live(d) in during the panademic. I did see it in Target, but 99.5 of their goods are from overseas. I have had zero issues at the grocery. And early on just TP and sanitizer. So no, it hasn't had a great impact here at all. Sorry it sounds like it hit you harder. 

Respected Contributor

I ordered a makeup item from HSN last weekend....... yesterday received an email that my money had been refunded due to the item wasn't available..... Seems it was available over the weekend, but five days later it became unavailable.....Ok no problem....

Trusted Contributor

In my opinion, the Q should ONLY be selling what they already have in inventory, IN a warehouse.  Anything else seems a bit shifty to the customer.  Yes, we all know about the shipping issues, BUT sell what you can ship!

Frequent Contributor

It is high time for QVC to stop blaming the Covid pandemic for all of its inventory woes.  I received the same letter with respect to an old inventory item sold on clearance.  This was not merchandise stuck on some containerized cargo ship in the Los Angeles harbor,  it was supposed to be in stock in one of QVC's numerous warehouses.  

Quite simply, QVC does a very poor job tracking its inventory.  Whatever computerized inventory control systems it is using are inadequate to the task.

Beyond that, QVC should stop selling inventory it does not have in its possession unless it clearly identifies merchandise as advance orders.

Honored Contributor

Agree with the previous posters that QVC should only sell what they have ready to ship.  I seem to recall awhile ago they were building a humongous warehouse and used the excuse it wasn't ready to justify the slow shipping.  We all know there's a pandemic and shipping problems.  Then only sell what you can ship immediately.  Seems simple to me!

Honored Contributor

@de1rdre 

The current problems are the RESULT of the pandemic.  Thousands sat on enhanced UE and refused to work.  Why would they?  You can make more sitting at home.

There are shortages of workers and truckers everywhere....affecting the entire country.  Restaurants are closing during the week and early hours, NO workers.

Every business has Help Wanted signs all over the place.

Warehouses can't ship or process orders....because they don't have staff.  Unless you are out in the business world and see the delays everywhere, you might not realize.

Our construction company is waiting months instead of weeks for orders of piping and sewer lines.

Even if the vendor has it....he doesn't have enuf staff to packaging.  Then it sits on a pallet on the loading dock for DAYS...there are NOT enough truckers out there.

For those of you who think they should only sell what they have...just think about it.

Macy's gets a shipment finally and puts it out to sell.  They don't have ads anymore, don't have to show it on TV etc.  There is LITTLE planning.  It was ordered, finally arrived and gets to the shelves.

QVC has to plan EONS in advance what products will be aired.  There is a TON of planning to the programming!!!

When delays happen, they just can't scramble to find another item to sell during that time slot.

Even the specialty items in the Aldi's ad have NOT made it to the stores due to supply and staffing issues.  They just put a banner up and list what might not make it.

ANY retailer that has to air an item has a lot more issues than just selling what they have.

There is NOTHING QVC sells that any of us can't wait for OR live without.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@RespectLife in all fairness, you have to remember that QVC has never had fast shipping EVER. Sometimes it's as if they don't even try!

Respected Contributor

Freighter ships are docked & others are waiting in line - sometimes for weeks with shipping containers at the Port of Los Angeles, the Port of New York, and the Port of New Jersey.  There are not enough longshoremen to unload the ships, and truck drivers to drive the goods to warehouses.  The whole supply chain is affected.  We have to wait.