Regular Contributor

Another prop 65 question

[ Edited ]

Please help with this problem,  QVC. I tried to reorder an item I received last month but now you can’t ship it to me. I called customer service and spoke with two people. Neither one of these folks could answer my questions. 

Are you going to fix this and do what needs to be done? And please inform your customer services representatives about the issue so they can provide coherent explanations. Don’t blame it on California. You were given plenty of notice regarding the new requirements for labels/warnings.

please let me shop!!!

QVC Customer Care

Re: Another prop 65 question

@beatlefan Thanks for your inquiry.  As a retailer, QVC is required to provide a point-of-sale warning for products requiring a Proposition 65 warning.  If a product supplier or manufacturer has not provided QVC with information necessary to determine whether a point-of-sale Proposition 65 warning is required for a product, QVC will not ship that product to an address in California.  We are working to obtain the necessary information from the product supplier or manufacturer to allow us to confirm the Proposition 65 status of the product and hope to be able to ship the product to an address in California in the near future

Honored Contributor

@beatlefanI would have thought that vendors who want to sell on QVC would have responded to the warning and provided QVC with the proper paper work immediately.  Apparently, those companies aren't losing enough sales to care.

QVC could refuse to air their products, but then the other 49 states would have to live with someone else's laws and that would be pretty bad.  I know some years ago, the laws in my state prohibited QVC from shipping wines to us -  and there was no way around that which made any sense at all.  Frustrating but not under QVC's control.

Respected Contributor

I posted about this problem several times and the non message from Q to its customers regarding what is happening evidently vendors have to provide warning on their labels re inadmissible content.

I decided to go ahead, not wait for reply from vendor, and ordered my glasses express delivery to my current address  so that I would get them before we moved to CA -  arrived today and guess what the package they arrived in does have warning label printed on it re cancer causing ingredients!  

So why did this order not go through originally?  If vendor had warning label on I do not get it - It is about time Q explained what's what to its customers.  Guess vendor will explain to me.

Esteemed Contributor

I said the heck with it too and the order and I went somewhere else and cancelled everything. got it cheaper  and new. The shoes I wanted were not brand new. It should be on the computer or on tv about California.