Valued Contributor

Another Complaint About the Same Thing!

[ Edited ]

I know people have complained about this before and now it's my turn.  I found a kitchen item on clearance yesterday.  I tried to order two but got a message that said only one was available so I ordered one.  The order went through and it IMMEDIATELY said "in process - delivery by April 5."  I have the printout.  This morning it says it's back ordered! 

I don't understand how, in this day and age, you have a computer system( or programmers)  that can accept an order, tell me it's in process, give me an anticipated delivery date and.............. then tell me it's on back order 24 hours later????  A company of your size should be able to process information in real time!  We can't cancel orders immediately yet you can't tell us IMMEDIATELY if something is on back order, especially when it was available at time of purchase!  The minute I hit the "place order" button I should have gotten a message that says the item is on back order and do I still want to continue placing the order. You guys need to fix things!  It's really disappointing for us when we look forward to getting an item and then get let down by your computers!  :smileysad:

Honored Contributor

Re: Another Complaint About the Same Thing!

If it's on BO & not stated on the site when you order you should be able to cancel the order. That's just BS. If Q does that to me I won't order again. I don't order much but not putting up with that.

Honored Contributor

Completely agree!  Their systems do need a great deal of improvement, i.e, inventory control and shipping.  So seldom order anything from here anymore and certainly not anything I need in a certain timeframe.

Honored Contributor

If the status says Backorder, you CAN cancel it and just go buy it elsewhere.

Computer inventory systems are NOT infallible.  QVC deals with Millions of items in their inventory.  It DOES happen...and not only with them. 

I have had it happen w/ AMZ, Target and Walmart very recently.

Don't get all upset, just cancel the backorder and get it somewhere else.

Valued Contributor

@RespectLife wrote:

If the status says Backorder, you CAN cancel it and just go buy it elsewhere.

Computer inventory systems are NOT infallible.  QVC deals with Millions of items in their inventory.  It DOES happen...and not only with them. 

I have had it happen w/ AMZ, Target and Walmart very recently.

Don't get all upset, just cancel the backorder and get it somewhere else.

That is your opinion.  I was expressing mine.  

Respected Contributor

Sounds like they're system is not real time.  I would not order anything that's "iffy" or if there's an issue with it, I just don't order.