Honored Contributor

An 'as is' product should be removed...

It is item is H214047.

Please read the following thread which I started last month HERE

I do not believe that any of these will escape having mold. Those that have less mold right now it will develop and grow in a short period of time. The problem lies within the logs themselves.

I'm sure nobody in management told anyone in returns to discard returns of this product..hence the clerks in the returns warehouse/s are just going about what they usually do with returns. They are not seeing/checking/noticing the mold.

These pieces should be totally removed/recalled...whatever...from being sold...period.

Please pass this on to the proper management ASAP before anymore get sold!

QVC Customer Care

Re: An 'as is' product should be removed...

@Susan Louise

I will ensure this information is referred to Logistics department. Thank you!

Beth QVC

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Beth-QVC wrote:

@Susan Louise

I will ensure this information is referred to Logistics department. Thank you!

Beth QVC

@Beth-QVC  If you go directly to post #14 in that thread, I posted a pic of the mold on the ones I received. If management needs 'proof', there it is. I am still in shock that returns never got a memo...so they are handling all these pieces with black mold...SMH

It is greatly appreciated that this gets taken care of...TY Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

There are contented buyers of this product so I wouldn't be overly concerned.  Hopefully if one was returned with the reason "moldy" it would be discarded.

Honored Contributor

@AuntG wrote:

There are contented buyers of this product so I wouldn't be overly concerned.  Hopefully if one was returned with the reason "moldy" it would be discarded.

@AuntG  Unfortunately, I do not believe everyone who purchased these realize there is black mold on the logs of these pieces. Some folks may have returned them due to buyers remorse, changing their mind, not liking the looks of it, etc...without even realizing there was an underlying issue.

I also believe those working in returns are not paying close attention to this issue either. Not everyone knows what black mold on wood looks like...or what to look for. I would not be a bit surprised that some of those clerks in returns in the warehouse are not going to think to check for mold either. At this point, they certainly weren't sent any memo!!!

There are some folks who purchased this product and the mold didn't start appearing enough for them to notice til a few weeks later.

There is something wrong with the logs/wood that was used to make this product. It would be a darn shame if QVC didn't recall all of this product. I would hate for anyone to even pay $31 for a product which has a high risk of developing mold. 

Regular Contributor

Susan Louise - I agree with you about this product needs to be completely disgarded. Could become a health hazard. And some customers may not be aware of the problem with the logs on the product developing mold. Thank you for bringing it to QVC's attention.

Honored Contributor

@Susan Louise  I tried to pull up the item you note here but they say it's 'sold out'. Perhaps you can let us know what this product is/was that you're talking about especially since you noted the mold problem. Thx.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@PINKdogWOOD wrote:

@Susan Louise  I tried to pull up the item you note here but they say it's 'sold out'. Perhaps you can let us know what this product is/was that you're talking about especially since you noted the mold problem. Thx.

That means QVC removed it...Whew! Thanks for letting me know Smiley Happy

If you want to know more about the item I attached a link to the specific qvc forum thread in the OP which would have given you the info...it was Valerie Parr Hill's Pip Berry Tree.

If you want to know more, read my two posts in this thread, then click on the link in the OP I gave...

If you don't want to read the entire thread, I posted a pic of the mold in that thread...post #14. Then at the end of the thread, a poster gave a HU about the Q selling these pieces in the 'as is'...hence my starting this thread....HTH Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@Susan Louise wrote:

@AuntG wrote:

@AuntG  Unfortunately, I do not believe everyone who purchased these realize there is black mold on the logs of these pieces. Some folks may have returned them due to buyers remorse, changing their mind, not liking the looks of it, etc...without even realizing there was an underlying issue.

I also believe those working in returns are not paying close attention to this issue either. Not everyone knows what black mold on wood looks like...or what to look for. I would not be a bit surprised that some of those clerks in returns in the warehouse are not going to think to check for mold either. At this point, they certainly weren't sent any memo!!!

There are some folks who purchased this product and the mold didn't start appearing enough for them to notice til a few weeks later.

There is something wrong with the logs/wood that was used to make this product. It would be a darn shame if QVC didn't recall all of this product. I would hate for anyone to even pay $31 for a product which has a high risk of developing mold. 

@Susan Louise  My trees stank of mold as soon as I opened the box so I didn't even remove them, that was enough for me to know that there was a big problem.  It still boggles my mind that real logs were used when resin produces such realistic looking logs and there would never be mold issues.  All wood deteriorates over time.