Esteemed Contributor

Re: Amazon is three weeks out on non-essential items

[ Edited ]

The delays for delivery of non-essential items on Amazon seem to depend in part on the location of the items and whether Amazon or a third party is fulfilling the order. I've had non-essential items delivered within two to three days as usual, but I also have two orders that are pending and have delivery dates in mid- to late April. I am a Prime member, and all of the orders I'm referencing are listed as being fulfilled by Amazon except one, which is one of the orders I received within the usual two-day timeframe. All that said, I should note that one of the largest Amazon hubs in the nation is about 15 miles from my house.

I've learned that if there's a non-essential item you need/want ASAP but it is listed as having a delayed delivery timeframe, you should search a bit more to see if there are other listings that are selling the same thing—there's a chance that a different delivery date will be available.

Super Contributor

I am not complaining about any online shopping and delivery timeframe....those workers are doing the best they can..they are ..very overworked.....if you can  anticipate  any items you might need in the near  future ......I would suggest you order them now......

Respected Contributor

I just read an article about Amazon hiring 100,000 people for their warehouses.  So many people are buying non-essential items they can't keep up.

And, the workers in a lot of cases are close together and equipment is being used by several people without being cleaned.  

Respected Contributor

I'm wondering when Amazon will get more toliet paper in !!

Regular Contributor

Amazon is not accepting non essential deliveries into their warehouses. So if you order a non essential item that is not in stock it will take longer to get it.  I have ordered a number of non essential items andI have had no problem getting them within 2-3 days. 

Valued Contributor

My non-essential items that were ordered on March 23rd are supposed to arrive Apr 23rd, a couple of adult coloring books - I don't mind as I will still probably be working remotely when they arrive.

Trusted Contributor

Yes, I ordered some batteries and toothbrushes from A today and delivery isn't until mid to late April.
Honored Contributor

i am a prime member and am having mixed delivery.......some are arriving in two days, some a week, some items are scheduled for 2 - 4 weeks out......its a mix of "essentials" and non - essentials.

i have ordered every thing from books, to pantry items, to electronics, to special hangers, to cleaning supplies.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Contributor

Wow. I just ordered a curtain and other non essentials and have received them both in less than a week. 

Honored Contributor

I'm also Prime, but the item I tried to order was Claey's lemon drops.  The delay caused a pang of conscience and I didn't put the order through.