Frequent Contributor

Re: Am closing account because of terrible service with Synchrony Bank,

Wow,.. the shock of the distress you have gone through,.. shouldnt be such hurdles, esp to pay your own bill,..shame, shame,.. I wish you well love!

Honored Contributor

I would NEVER  have a shopping channel credit card!!   You can do so much better with other cards that offer so much more and better CS.

They suck you in on giving you $20 and easy pays( why people think that is so great???)  and then you have awful service and nothing but problems.    

Honored Contributor

Synchrony Bank is the worst!  I am amazed QVC does business with them.

I purchased a laptop last Christmas using the "special extended financing."  I make monthly payments on my regular Qcard balance easily online.  So the laptop bill is separate from my regular Qcard purchases, but they made no provisions to be able to also pay the monthly laptop payment online!  It's like the special financing doesn't even exist.  (Is this a way they hook interest onto those purchases from people forgetting to make special financing payments??)  They were separate balances, but you could not see any payment history, no updated balance, nothing.  Each month, I had to pay on the laptop in two steps: 1) first pay the regular Qcard, then 2) call Synchrony and syphon off some of that regular Qcard payment to direct it to the laptop payment. 

On top of that, they had a hard time figuring out my separate laptop balance.  Once, the rep actually took out pen & paper to subtract monthly for me over the phone! So I kept my own payment & balance history of that.  I couldn't believe it.  My laptop is now paid off and I will never do special financing again!  In fact, I am paying off my Qcard as well.

Honored Contributor

cash and carry folks always the best way.

Esteemed Contributor

EAsy Pay is the hook on the Q card.  THere is absolutely no other reason to have one.  I do believe that there are A LOT of QVC customers who use the Q card to get EZ pay because they simply cannot afford to buy things they want if there was only one payment.  A couple of weeks ago someone posted here and was very upset because the THere was a promotion for 5 EZ pays but when she tried to order it was only giving her 4 EZ pays instead,of 5 and she wasn't going to order if she could not get 5 EZ pays.  SHe gave the item number of what she was trying to order and it was a food item for under $20.00.  THe difference between 4 EZ pays and 5 EZ pays was about $1.25 per payment but unless she got the 5 EZ pays she wasn't ordering.  HOw sad is that.  SHe couldn't order because of $1.25 a month difference.

Respected Contributor

I did the same thing years ago.  For the most part I don't order from the Q anymore.  Both decisions were right on.

Valued Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

I would NEVER  have a shopping channel credit card!!   You can do so much better with other cards that offer so much more and better CS.

They suck you in on giving you $20 and easy pays( why people think that is so great???)  and then you have awful service and nothing but problems.    

as I said, I've had it for probably 20 years. And it was no different than having a May Company charge card back in those days, long before MC and Visa tookover the credit card business. People had department store cards for individual stores, now we just simplify and use our one size fits all cards like Amex, Discover, Visa and MC. 

Valued Contributor

@KathyPet wrote:

EAsy Pay is the hook on the Q card.  THere is absolutely no other reason to have one.  I do believe that there are A LOT of QVC customers who use the Q card to get EZ pay because they simply cannot afford to buy things they want if there was only one payment.  A couple of weeks your payment toago someone posted here and was very upset because the THere was a promotion for 5 EZ pays but when she tried to order it was only giving her 4 EZ pays instead,of 5 and she wasn't going to order if she could not get 5 EZ pays.  SHe gave the item number of what she was trying to order and it was a food item for under $20.00.  THe difference between 4 EZ pays and 5 EZ pays was about $1.25 per payment but unless she got the 5 EZ pays she wasn't ordering.  HOw sad is that.  SHe couldn't order because of $1.25 a month difference.

I just wonder how people who do a lot of shopping with a lot of easy pays, even know what their true balances are. Most banks use your payments to pay off RECENT purchases while the older ones end up getting interest charged to them because you didn;'t know your payments were applied to the newer balances first. I see now that QVC even makes a disclaimer every now and then on easy pay purchases that with auto-delivery, some easy payments can overlap. Your auto-delivery items arrive before you pay off your first easy pay order and all of a suddent you've got double easy pays going.

What a mess!

At any rate, my bank got the payment today, my online account said zero balance and no remaining easy pays so I closed it asap. Done and done. 

Honored Contributor

I have an Evine card, Q Card and Care Credit.  All of them are through Synchrony Bank.  I have never had a problem, knock on wood.

I do use easy pay but I am very careful not to have too many outstanding.  When one needs a spreadsheet to keep track of all the easypays, flexpays and stretch pays, etc., there is a problem, IMO. 

I receive all my statements via e-mail and I pay my statement balance every month.  I have never been charged one cent of interest, my payments have been credited promptly, returns credited properly, etc.

I did have an HSN card but I closed it a few months ago and given what I've read about their new policy of charging interest, I'm glad I did.      

Honored Contributor

Just closed an account withJCP after a call from Syncrony Bank....said I was late with a payment of $10.06...which I do not owe nor have I ever been billed for ....terrible to deal with these people. QVC should wise up.