Valued Contributor

Am closing account because of terrible service with Synchrony Bank,

Dear Moderators.

I was trying to pay online my small balance of less than $7.00 picking the due date. The system would not let me do that and said I would get a late fee. I cancelled the payment twice and was forced to pay it immediately even though its not due for 22 days. I tried to call CS and again, it is next to impossible to reach a live person as the system just keeps giving you options to do things online and not speak to anyone. 

I think people up at the top should know why they lose business when they decide to use banks like Synchrony Bank. 

I finally talk to someone and now find out that the payment that showed cancelled was aleady in process and so my addtional payment I made today based on the fact that my account showed it as cancelled means I will be billed twice. When I told her it is impossible to talk to someone her answer was just keep saying Customer Sercive, customer service over and over again, What!  Are we now just supposed to be trained monkeys? !!!! I am going to be out a double payment because of this lousy bank card set up.

I will close this account and never shop here again, This is way too much aggravation for an $18.00 item. 

Please send this complaint to the Corporate Office. They really have done a disservice to their customers

Trusted Contributor

Re: Am closing account because of terrible service with Synchrony Bank,

[ Edited ]

Many customers have reported on this forum about the problems with Synchrony Bank (including me). It boggles my mind the QVC does not address these issues, and keeps pushing the Qcard during presentations. 

Esteemed Contributor

After paying off some EP, I SWITCHED CC .

Respected Contributor

I absolutely hate Synchrony Bank.  They are arrogant - as are all their personnel.  I've never had a good relationship with them, in spite of the fact that my bill is paid in full every month.They were equally bad before they changed their name.  I wish no business would work with them.

Honored Contributor

Throwing the baby out with the bathwater; cutting off nose to spite face.

It depends on just how easily you can do without ever shopping at QVC again...for anything. I could, but many here are addicted, whether they admit it or not.

The problem is the financial institution, not QVC. One doesn't have to have a Q Card to shop here; Synchrony Bank doesn't have to be involved in purchases.

Synchrony Bank also does Amazon's Store Card. I had an issue with them once, paid off the account and have never (and will never) use it again. But I've continued to shop at Amazon with other methods of payment. I don't have a Q card and I haven't seriously missed out. Knowing it's Synchrony Bank, I will never get one, either.  

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Esteemed Contributor

I avoid Synchrony bank too.  One interaction with them was more then enough.

Valued Contributor

@Moonchilde wrote:

Throwing the baby out with the bathwater; cutting off nose to spite face.

It depends on just how easily you can do without ever shopping at QVC again...for anything. I could, but many here are addicted, whether they admit it or not.

The problem is the financial institution, not QVC. One doesn't have to have a Q Card to shop here; Synchrony Bank doesn't have to be involved in purchases.

Synchrony Bank also does Amazon's Store Card. I had an issue with them once, paid off the account and have never (and will never) use it again. But I've continued to shop at Amazon with other methods of payment. I don't have a Q card and I haven't seriously missed out. Knowing it's Synchrony Bank, I will never get one, either.  

I know all that. I rarely shop at QVC, in fact, once, the Halston jogger pants I bought on clearance and am paying off the easy pays. My Q card is so old it is a black card and I';ve had it long before they joined up with Synchrony Bank. In those days, your Q card WAS your credit card and they sent you a bill and if you had a problem you called QVC's Customer Service. Now, they can;t help you and say you have to talk to the bank because they can';t see the bank;s information and then when you talk to the bank, they tell you they only process what QVC sends them. It is one big circle of well, I can't say it on here.

As for cutting off my nose to spiite my face, QVC offers NOTHING that I can';t buy elsewhere. Not sure why you said that with the dsclaimer that you could but others are addicted. I;m not addicted to any shopping site. The Halston pants were a whim one day because they were on clearance, other than that, I don't buy from them. Way too many options with better pricing, free shipping, free samples and so forth. QVC hosts push that Q card on us with their 5 easy pays all the time. Mike George must have a relative at Synchony Bank and one hand washes the other. 

QVC Customer Care

@PinkSunset  I'm really sorry for any inconvenience with your QCard account.  I will forward this to our corporate office on your behalf. 

Melvin, Customer Care

Esteemed Contributor

Same bank and problems as well. I already cancelled my Q card.  I now only use my Chase Visa. I can trust them and they have been very efficient and helpful.

Valued Contributor

@Melvin-QVC wrote:

@PinkSunset  I'm really sorry for any inconvenience with your QCard account.  I will forward this to our corporate office on your behalf. 

Melvin, Customer Care

thanks very much for forwarding it on.