Super Contributor

Recently I ordered 2 Philosophy products for a total cost of 58.25 (including tax). The next day, there was one-day only price of 43.93 (including tax) for two of the products. I immediately attempted to cancel my previous order, but wasn't allowed to, so I ordered the lower price product. I contacted Customer Service to see if I could either get a credit for the difference or if I could return the more expensive items without having to pay the shipping. I was told, "No, a change in price does not warrant free shipping back to QVC". Am I being to sensitive about this and making a bigger deal than I should?

Super Contributor

Re: Am I being too sensitive?

No your not being too sensitive. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

It would have worked out better just to call QVC and ask for a price adjustment.  You did it the hard way.  The law in PA says they MUST give you a price adjustment if the price is lowered within 10 days.

They do not pay for return shipping for something like this.  I don't know any company that would.  If you paid with PayPal, they would have paid for your return shipping...up to 12 returns a year.

Esteemed Contributor

Free return shipping is ONLY for DEFECTIVE    products.

What you origionally ordered is NOT defective, so therefor, you should pay to have it sent back, seeing how there is nothing wrong with it, physically.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Respected Contributor

QVC SUCKS at this! Other retailers would absolutely refund the difference. QVC is losing customers, I would bet, because of their shipping charges, too!

To get the Philosophy duo (32oz) home, you pay shipping. If you don't care for the scent and return, it will cost you $9 to ship back.... SO, just to try this, you will spend $12.50!

ALL items should ship free from October- December!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

First I don't get why this is posted under Customer Care.  Unless of course you're asking them if you are sensitive.

Either way, sensitive or not, rules are rules.

Why do people put through orders before thinking it through and then get upset when they can't cancel. 

Honored Contributor

Why didn't you just ask for a price adjustment with your existing order?

Trusted Contributor

@Tinkerbell3, not all retailers.  This has happened to me at J.Jill several times.  They have a 40% off sale, I'll order some things on line.  Two days later, they will run a 50% off sale and will NOT refund the difference.  They did it at one time and stopped about a year ago. 

What I now do, if it's a big $$ difference, is re-order a particular item and then return the more expensive in the store.  It's a pain in the you know what, but I do it anyway.

Honored Contributor

Back in the day, department stores used to do price adjustments within so many days if something you purchased went on sale, as long as you initiated the price adjustment (it was up to you to see the sale price, and contact them for an adjustment, usually within like two weeks to 30 days), don't know if they still do. 

QVC would do themselves a favor if they allowed price adjustments within a specified time frame (even one week would be something) if you call in and ask for it. It's just good customer relations.

Esteemed Contributor

@tlund - If I'm reading your post correctly, it seems like you are comparing different sets of Philosophy products. If that is the case, I don't know of any online retailer that would do price matching or refund shipping on a prior order of a totally separate set with a separate price, especially in a later sale cycle. (Is it unfortunate that there was a better deal on something similar after you'd already made your purchase? Of course. No one wants to miss out on a bargain.) HOWEVER, if the price drop was actually for the same product set, try contacting the social team at QVCSocialTeam@qvc.com—you should get a refund of the difference if there was just one day between your original purchase and the drop in price.

@mominohio - QVC does price adjustments for changes in item costs that occur within 30 days of purchase; I actually just got two of them applied to my account tonight.