Frequent Contributor

Re: Am I being too sensitive?

Sorry you had the experience. Happened to me, too.  Drat.

Honored Contributor

@Mominohio wrote:

Back in the day, department stores used to do price adjustments within so many days if something you purchased went on sale, as long as you initiated the price adjustment (it was up to you to see the sale price, and contact them for an adjustment, usually within like two weeks to 30 days), don't know if they still do. 

QVC would do themselves a favor if they allowed price adjustments within a specified time frame (even one week would be something) if you call in and ask for it. It's just good customer relations.

@Mominohio.  QVC does do price adjustments within 30 days of purchase but of course it had to be the exact same product, same item number,  etc.  I have a feeling that was not the case with the Philosophy products.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@tl98466  Next time, call and ask them to honor the new price.  They will most likely tell you that they can't make an adjustment until the item ships.  Ask them to make a note on your account, and once the item ships, call them back and have them adjust the price.  

I have been able to get free shipping applied to my shipped order, and also have 6 easy pays added, and have them lower the price  (different offer on each item) when the new offer was added within a few days of my original purchase.

They can't make the adjustment until the item ships.

......You look like I need a drink.....
Honored Contributor

Yes you are.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Esteemed Contributor

I don’t feel you are being too sensitive.  With all the competition in retail sales, a smart retailer concentrates on giving customer service that invites loyalty.  Notice all the constant sales on in-season clothing, from many retailers, for example.  No need to wonder why Amazon sells so much.  Not exactly the time for an independent attitude toward customer service.  And I will add that CS reps should be well trained.  

Respected Contributor

@San Antonio Gal wrote:

Why didn't you just ask for a price adjustment with your existing order?

I have done this and they honored my request. I was very satisfied. I asked for price adjustment. Call again.