Esteemed Contributor

I am not sure that anything can be changed.  Last night at 1:00 am (This is the second time this happened)  They were demonstrating the Ask My Buddy feature, and Alexa called everyone on my list at 1 am.   Last time it was 3 am.  

Esteemed Contributor

Is your TV on to QVC when this happens?

QVC Customer Care

@BalletBabe

We have contacted our production team regarding the use of the "buddy skill" for the TSV presentations.We have informed them that our customers who already have an ALEXA may experience some situations so they are advised to be much more careful.

Beth qVC

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Alexa Demonstrations

[ Edited ]

@Beth-QVC wrote:

@BalletBabe

We have contacted our production team regarding the use of the "buddy skill" for the TSV presentations.We have informed them that our customers who already have an ALEXA may experience some situations so they are advised to be much more careful.

Beth qVC

@Beth-QVC    Thank you so much Beth!!!!   Appreciate that!   

Esteemed Contributor

@Zhills wrote:

Is your TV on to QVC when this happens?

Yes.   If TV was off it would not have happened.  I have insomnia, so I am up half the night.  

Trusted Contributor

@BalletBabe

I changed her name to “Echo.” Haven’t had any problems since. 

Honored Contributor

@BalletBabe  How awful.  Alexa called everyone on your list at 1 and 3 am?  I'm surprised those making the on-air presentation didn't anticipate such a problem!

Honored Contributor

This morning they commented about alexa's taking commands from the presentation.  Someone called in and said his lights were going off and on.

Esteemed Contributor

@GCR18 wrote:

This morning they commented about alexa's taking commands from the presentation.  Someone called in and said his lights were going off and on.

Oh that is funny.   Mine didn't do that, but I think I named mine different then what they were saying.  I do love mine.  I have one in every room, even bathrooms.    I will say this The ask my buddy is the reason that I have  it in every room since I live alone.   It does work well no matter what ttime it is.  LOL  

Respected Contributor

During the demos I saw, the vendor asked viewers with an existing Echo in the house to set it on mute so that it would not be triggered when he said 'Alexa'. He repeated it twice in an hour, but that's going to miss a lot of people who tune in during an hour-long show.

While they figure it out on their end, you can easily manage this on your end. Always mute your Echo during any QVC Echo presentation and it won't trigger your own device when they speak the wake word.