Esteemed Contributor

I ordered the TSV Air Fryer and it was delivered today by someone driving a Budget Rental Truck. It was very odd and the box was torn on the side. I just found this weird. I thought it was being delivered by UPS. I guess there is a first time for everything.

Esteemed Contributor

I've had 2 packages delivered by Uber drivers , however I don't remember if the pkgs were from QVC or another vendor . I did hear on the news that Uber was being employed by UPS to help out.

Esteemed Contributor

Even UPS needs elf help.   You might see a bicycle before it's over and done with.

Super Contributor

Sometimes my packages are delivered by a UPS truck.  Recently though my packages are being delivered by someone in a Ryder truck.  Today an Amazon van delivered a package from Amazon and also a package that I bought from Target.  As long as I receive them, I don't care.

Esteemed Contributor

Social distancing mandates that this holiday season only one person per delivery truck, so everone has hired additional drivers, often using their own vehicles. My neighbor saw someone delivering a pkg to my home this way. He thought it was suspicious, but it was completely legit.

Honored Contributor

My husband has a friend who owns a FedEx route and he is having to rent extra trucks. I know last year he was also doing deliveries himself.

Honored Contributor

@elated. UPS is using some rental trucks.  Not odd as they often do this during rush periods.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

@Icegoddess   You can OWN a FedEX route?? How does that work.

Honored Contributor

Re: Air Fryer Delivery

[ Edited ]

@grandma2pkmh I don't know exactly how it works.  I know he has a separate facility than the main FedEx.  He had a Super Bowl party there a couple of years ago. Mostly it was like an airplane hangar with a small area for office space and a conference room.  I know his route is not in the city, but in outlying areas.  

Try Googling "buy a FedEx route".  There's a lot of Ad links on how to do it.

Trusted Contributor

@Icegoddess   You are never too old to learn I guess. It's interesting.