Honored Contributor
Accepted Solution

After the last problem of not being able to get in here....

someone changed the Q in Qualitygal to qualitygal.

Could someone correct this?  I don't know why something changed it that way. ??

Thanks.

Honored Contributor

Re: After the last problem of not being able to get in here....

@qualitygal,  Unfortunately the website software changed many posters names -- we're seeing reports all over the forums.

You have access to edit your own nickname, but you might not be able to restore it to the previous one.   

Some posters are seeing the message telling them the nickname they want to use has alreayd been used.... even though they are the ones who used it, it will not accept it, so they have to use a slightly different "version" of their previous name.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

1 -- Go to the shopping area of QVC.com 

and then to the "My Account" section

(this is located in your personal account for the shopping site 

where you enter things like your shipping address,

payment and billing info, etc. --   

it is not located in the profile/settings

for the Community forums.)

2 -- Choose "Account Settings" 

3 -- You'll see "Nickname" as one of the settings

4 -- Your current one will be displayed, and you can click/tap the word "Edit"

5 -- Enter the new name in the box provided below the current name

6 -- Click/tap "Save"

7 -- If it accepts the change (important:  you might get a message telling you the name has previously been used and you have to try a different one), then log out.

8 --  Then log back into the Community and the change will take effect.

(A nickname change might not take effect

until you log out of the Community

and then log back in).

Hope this is helpful!   This website is an absolute mess.

Take care, and I hope everyone has a lovely Saturday.😊

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

@dooBdoo   Once again dear heart, to the rescue.Heart

I'll wait till their next mess up and maybe do it then, LOL, feeling lazy today. LOL.

Honored Contributor

@dooBdooIt appears you have a new position........QVC IT Problem Solver! Smiley LOL I see you have responded to the same query on a few threads. You can probably do it in your sleep!

God bless you! Heart

Respected Contributor

Same thing happened to me. I tried changing it back to capital S and the note popped up that someone else was already using this password.  Strange. Please hire new IT people. 

Honored Contributor

@World Traveler wrote:

@dooBdooIt appears you have a new position........QVC IT Problem Solver! Smiley LOL I see you have responded to the same query on a few threads. You can probably do it in your sleep!

God bless you! Heart

@World Traveler 

Hah!😊   Now you make me smile, and blush!   I attempt to problem solve...  get frustrated seeing what everyone is going through and knowing from my career in IT that it could easily be a much better experience for all.   It doesn't have to be this glitchy, it is perplexing to see it continue to grow worse especially in light of the strong links between the Community, the product review system, and all of our shopping accounts with our personal information.   

Hope springs eternal, however, as does gratitude and I'm eternally grateful for the pe❤️ople here and the time I've been lucky to spend with all of you.

Thank you for that kind compliment.

Take care, have a safe and peaceful holiday.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Respected Contributor

@santorini @qualitygal @World Traveler @dooBdoo 

Perhaps  QVC has a few in-house Information technology staff persons but I suspect that most of the time it is an outside  "consulting group"whose company provided the original software package which probably is approaching being no longer capable of upgrading, hence is being constaantly in need of patches and "workarounds."

Just a "guess" on my part but it seems to be on the way to the obsolete structure land.

aroc3435

Washington, DC