Trusted Contributor

After long wait receive item that smells of mildew

I ordered 2 lug bags almost two weeks ago. They both arrived today. The scoop crossbody smells so mildewy I’m having an allergic reaction.  Now the color is sold out but don’t think I’d reorder again anyway.  Additionally, I ordered it for a trip so unless I try another color and pay for overnight shipping I won’t have one. So no bag,10-14  days to receive and  it will take another two weeks to get a refund. I would appreciate a way to get this done faster. I’d also appreciate not receiving an item that requires allergy medication due to moldy smell.   Seems like slow shipping and defective items too common. I don’t usually get upset about this type thing but for some reason this time is aggracating(thinks it the allergic chest congestion and headache). 

Valued Contributor

Re: After long wait receive item that smells of mildew

@equss wrote:

I ordered 2 lug bags almost two weeks ago. They both arrived today. The scoop crossbody smells so mildewy I’m having an allergic reaction.  Now the color is sold out but don’t think I’d reorder again anyway.  Additionally, I ordered it for a trip so unless I try another color and pay for overnight shipping I won’t have one. So no bag,10-14  days to receive and  it will take another two weeks to get a refund. I would appreciate a way to get this done faster. I’d also appreciate not receiving an item that requires allergy medication due to moldy smell.   Seems like slow shipping and defective items too common. I don’t usually get upset about this type thing but for some reason this time is aggracating(thinks it the allergic chest congestion and headache). 

@equss I hope you are asking for a FULL credit for what you've returned.

Trusted Contributor

@Snowhite714   It was a free ship item and  I expect free return shipping. It’s just disappointing because it’s hard to believe the smell wasn’t noticed before shipping.  In the overall scheme of things it’s a big nothing!!!!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Read QVC's reviews.  It's not all that uncommon.  It's happened to me a few times in the past.

Some time ago I noticed manufacturers adding what look like silica gel packets.  I assumed they were for absorbing moisture.  Not sure if they work very well since they're so small.

Respected Contributor

That is unfortunate.  I would be SO mad. Once I received a handbag from HSN that smelled exactly like dead fish. 

Respected Contributor

I recently received a pair of shoes from Zulily that smelled like mildew. I think they did know as they put a small packet of strawberry potpourri in the shoe box.  I hate bad customer service 

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

It did have one of those silica packets in the bag( maybe it required 2 or 3). I realize that this stuff is all made in China so likely sits in cargo containers for long periods of time(... hence the smell) but still disappointing. I’ve had it happen with clothing from qvc but that can be put in the washer. Oh well.... saved some money 

Honored Contributor

I wonder if any of their warehouses are located in any of the areas that have had flooding or still dealing with flooding???

QVC Customer Care

@equss wrote:

@equss  I apologize for any inconvenience.  I sent you an email.  

Trusted Contributor

I had a similar problem with a few of my vera bradley bags.  It smelled like insectacide.  I was told it was cause the bags are shipped from overseas.  Sometimes the scent went away after placing the item on my deck for a few days.  Sometimes, I just had to return the item.

Happiness is ALWAYS an inside job,
Don't assign anyone else that much POWER
in your life!!!