Respected Contributor

Re: After 40+ years - I am done with QVC.

Fellow shoppers, I have a question that may be helpful for the original poster.

Do you have to pay for added insurance on an expensive item if you use the Q return label?   I would either refuse the item, or just return it with the Q label.  But especially since it's expensive, keep a copy of the label and get a receipt from the post office showing that they received it back.  If it gets lost, I would think it would be not her responsibility if she has a receipt with the tracking number. @DCee_at_QVC 

......You look like I need a drink.....
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

one should shop where it meets their needs.  otherwise they just are not happy and continue to be miserable.

lots of choices out there,  some will surely bring you joy.

good luck and happy shopping

~~who/what is responsible for your joy? YOU!~~
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Twelve hours is a very long time to expect to cancel an order.  

Macy's gives you 30 minutes.  Amazon's is pretty lenient but depends on the seller.

Things shipping directly from the vendor seem harder to cancel - anywhere.

Honored Contributor

@Zshopgirl 

@amyb 

I have shopped at QVC since CVN and I don't Ever remember a written/stated cancellation policy that gave you 48 hours, OR any written cancellation policy giving any time frames.

There were never any true guarantees or policies that you could cancel....

We may have been able to cancel longer with their old computer systems, programming etc.....but it was NEVER a policy.

Just got lucky some times!

It has been YEARS that it has been almost impossible to cancel orders....ESP when it is a vendor ship.

Honored Contributor

@amyb 

Returns do NOT take weeks to process!!

They now take days....and have been since they introduced the EZ Return system.

Been bannered at the top, on your order status page and talked about on the boards for a long time now.

Email EZ returns dept with the order info....they respond in 2-3 days now and your account will be credited....you do NOT wait months anymore unless you are not utilizing the new system that had been put in place.

Regular Contributor

Bye Felicia!  Smiley LOL

Respected Contributor

@RespectLife Well, unless I'm lying, lol, ps., I'm not...

Just talking from MY experience.

I have a return "in process now" returned a few weeks ago, followed up with Customer svc via email, they said it's in process...it's been 6 days since, still not complete, so I'm going on 3 weeks. That's far longer and less "communicative" from every other vendor I shop with.

And same with my other experience of cancellations...used to be able to do it a day later. Never on HSN, that was always by midnight that same day. QVC used to be longer.

Whatever "policy is" I don't know because experiences are inconsistent. It's different now. And sometimes inconsistent. And I only can speak from my own experiences.

That's all. 

Super Contributor

Have a little mercy for the OP. She's angry and frustrated with the company for what she perceived as too little time to cancel her order. Haven't we all said things when we're angry and frustrated? (I have.) 

As for the returns process, I do agree with the other poster who stated her frustrations over that. I've returned two things back to QVC recently--in May and early July. I had to get the social team involved both times to get my refunds. I was even charged the return fee (I didn't use the return label) in July for the return in May. I had to get the social team involved for that. Social team is great, by the way. Anyway, yeah, I can see how people are getting angry and frustrated. Not good for the company...

Honored Contributor

@justashopper wrote:

You can refuse the package. 

Or send it back as defective.

Honored Contributor

If I felt I was done with QVC, I'd just quit shopping there.  I doubt I'd find any need to post about it.