Valued Contributor

Re: After 40+ years - I am done with QVC.

I hardly see how this is QVC's fault.  You know it's hard to cancel and item once the order is placed. Just next time, know for certain that you want an item before placing the order. Simple 

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

@DCee_at_QVC  @Venezia  

I'm a long time shopper and I also remember when the Q had a generous window of time to cancel an order. I used to place orders and by the next day had reconsidered and I was always able to cancel. In process meant it hadn't  been shipped yet so cancelling was no problem.  It's been a while since they changed it but it was the "old way" for much longer than how it is now. It's very possible that @Dcee hadn't returned anything since things have changed at the Q. I think a lot of us long time shoppers sometime wonder what has happened to QVC. But I still like shopping here and I've adjusted my expectations. 

Honored Contributor

@DCee_at_QVC wrote:

Golly what a pleasant bunch you folks are!

Just to clarify, yes I was venting because this is being shipped from a vendor so that means no so-called easy return label. That also means I get to pay not only postage but insurance because I won't take the risk of qvc saying it wasn't returned. Same reason that I would not risk refusing the delivery. 

I appreciate everyone who understood my point and my frustration. 

@DCee_at_QVC  - If you use QVC's return label, you are NOT required to purchase insurance regardless of a vendor shipping it to you.  Use the return label and be done with it.  If you don't believe me, call Customer Service to verify.

Contributor

Interesting.

Respected Contributor

@DCee_at_QVC wrote:

I tried to cancel an expensive order within 12 HOURS of placing it.  There should be a mechanism for doing this that is no-hassle for customers.  Now I will be receiving the order "from the vendor" and will have to (1) pay to return it and (2) pay for insurance on the pakage.  ALL BECAUSE QVC IS NO LONGER CUSTOMER FRIENDLY. 

Between all the "extended delivery" orders, the orders randomly cancelled, and now, the one that COULD NOT be cancelled, sorry, I am done. 

I've never been able to cancel an order, either on line on my own or by calling.  I've tried canceling just minutes after ordering.  But, I've said this many times too.....either QVC doesn't have the technology (software) to do a return or they don't know how or don't want to.  My husband worked in IT for 40 years and had his software set up for canceling orders.  A couple of years ago, I had ordered Jockey Bra TSV.  It was a set of two and I only got one for the longest time, until I called and asked where it was.  Finally got it but at that point didn't need it anymore and CS told me just to not accept the package.  I don't know if that's something you can do, but if UPS or USPS bring it to your doorstep, maybe you can just refuse package?

QVC Customer Care

This thread is closed for commenting...