Respected Contributor

After 30 years I think I am done with the Q

Maybe if things are ever back to normal I may order again but for now I am done.   I also am done with companies like Macys and Old navy online.  It takes a while to get the order but returning is the worst part.  It took a long time to get my Clarks TSV shoes from QVC and then getting them returned is talking forever.  It is not worth the aggravation and Qvc has become the most boring site.  I hardly watch anymore.   

Respected Contributor

Re: After 30 years I think I am done with the Q

[ Edited ]

It sounds like a break for a while is in order.  I did that too.  I do agree that the programming offerings have been dismal lately.  I absolutely do not watch or order any Christmas in July.  If I do order anything, I am prepared to wait for slow shipping.  I just ask myself if I can really wait for weeks before I order.  If I decide I don't want to wait, I just don't order.  It's too frustrating. 

Honored Contributor

and

where can I go if I get something new?

which is even more sad

Respected Contributor

I’m taking a break from ordering here too.   It’s not fun shopping wondering when and if something will come, then possibly dealing with returns, credits, exchanges.  It’s too much work right now. 

Esteemed Contributor

I hear you.

But it is not just the Q.  Everyone's supply lines and workforce are having to figure out what to do.  The shippers are overwhelmed.

I have given up and am just working on some kind of reasonable grocery pickup.  And praying for Rx.

Then is the solitary confinement....

Trusted Contributor

I can live with the slow shipping, but after reading about returns, I wouldn't buy anything that I didn't absolutely know I would keep.  I made a return to Nordstrom with no problem.  They said it would take more time than usual because they were letting returns sit for 72 hours, but it didn't take weeks or a month.  They also follow up with an email to let you know the return has been processed.  

Of course, I have a thing about returns to QVC anyway because I won't pay $10 to try something on and find out it doesn't fit.  So I've only been buying sure things for quite a while.  

Esteemed Contributor

@Tadaki I also have a big thing about Q returns.  So I quit buying items needing washing/drying & ironing...........and things that need to be plugged in.....and things that need to fit or be returned.....and....guess you get my point.  LOL

Honored Contributor

That's good. There's not really anything you can't live without and also help get out of the habit of spending just to spend or out of boredom not to mention all the money you'll save. 

Honored Contributor

Hope everyone isn't like me because I want our economy to flourish, but like @GenXmuse  said, there isn't anything I absolutely have to buy right now. As we get closer to Christmas, I'll want to buy some gifts for my husband, sister and neighbor. Sure, we are months away, but I don't anticipate a big shopping season this year.