Super Contributor

Advanced orders / is this new

I've done advanced orders before and they never pend the payment until processing. I ordered food items for deleivery in December that have been pending payment since I placed the order 4 days ago. Same with some candles that aren't supposed to ship until September. Typically, pending holds will drop off after 24hrs, and never has an advanced order pend until processing.

Is this new? Will the pends drop off? Will they come out, be refunded, and come out again closer to the advanced date? 

Honored Contributor

Re: Advanced orders / is this new

I placed an advanced order on 6/26/19.  Pending is gone.  Haven't been charged.

Placed another advanced order on 7/23/19.  It shows "pending."  I expect that to disappear, too.  

Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

Every time I order a candle I have to cancel, they don't tell you it's an advance order until after you pay. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

The pending charge will drop off for your advanced order.  Once the item ships, your card will be charged; it will be in pend until the payment processing completes, usually a few days.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Super Contributor

Wouldn't you know it, it dropped off this AM after asking about it. 😁This had never happened before. Usually it doesn't pend at all until it starts processing about a week before shipping.  The debit card on here is my "mad money" card. I only keep a little on it or else I go too mad. 😉😂  I keep a close eye on the balance, especially during a sale. It just caught me off guard. I didn't know if this was something new. I've gotten advanced food items during CIJ for years, and it's never done this. 

Thank you all! 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Iris in bloom 

Exactly.   I don't even know what that means.  I guess they don't have it yet but took orders anyway????

I've never seen that before but then I haven't ordered anything in years.  

I think I'll cancel and get it somewhere else.  They could at least say when it MIGHT be available.   

Frequent Contributor

@Iris in bloom wrote:

Every time I order a candle I have to cancel, they don't tell you it's an advance order until after you pay. 

Same here.  Not sure when the warm weather shipping starts, but they are NOW shipping candles.  It was about mid Sept, they resumed shipping.  Living in Las Vegas the heat does take a toll on the candle wax.  

Wish they would add disclosure on items which do not ship during warm weather.