Valued Contributor

Access Denied message most every day

It seems that every day I try to sign in and most of the time I get a screen saying Access Denied. This happens even when the screen shows my name at the top, but I try to sign in for the forums.

The first time that happened a couple of weeks ago I called Customer Service. The lady I spoke to said she would send me a link to change my password. I asked if she had any idea why this happened, and she said she had no clue. I appreciate the honesty of her statement.

Since then, most every day I run into the same message. Some time later, using the same ID and password, I can get back in.

I have called again, and I have been told that IT knows about the problem and is working on it. This is the first time I have been able to sign in since Monday night. I guess the computers at QVC have found a virus as well.

Hopefully it will be fixed before too long.

Valued Contributor

Re: Access Denied message most every day

Yes, I've been getting the same message when trying to log-in;

its not every time nor every day.

Honored Contributor

Clear your history, cookies, and cache and try.  This usually works for me.

Honored Contributor

@shopperqvc@countrylady@CalminHeart 

It would help to see the exact error message to try and troubleshoot it -- in this case I'm going to guess that it looks something like this one from an older thread:

Access Denied

You don't have permission to access "http://www.qvc.com/" on this server.

Reference #18.55ef2e17.1564517604.347f35a0

This kind of access problem is not related to our login credentials, so a new password won't get to the heart of the matter.

The message is generated when the company (Akamai Technologies, a part of Khoros) that provides caching and content delivery services, and maybe cloud services, to QVC's websites is having problems "talking" to your browser, most likely because of the IP address it sees, or some of your browser cookies/cache/data/history, or an old browser version, or addons/extensions.   

Things to try: 

• Clear all browser cookies/cache/website data and history, close the browser and then relaunch it. 

• Check to be sure your browser version is the most current one for your device.

• Try a different browser.

• If you're using a bookmark/favorite to access the site, instead go to your search engine (Google, Bing, etc.), find QVC's listing, and enter there.   Scroll to the bottom of the page, click/tap "Blogs & Forums," and if it works create a new bookmark/favorite and discard the old one.  This is a direct link, as an example:   https://community.qvc.com/

• If you use a VPN or proxy server, try disabling that temporarily.

• Try disabling all browser addons/extensions, and relaunch the browser.

This problem can crop up with any website, so even though I think most of us have concerns about the glitchiness of QVC's site this is more of a common internet connection issue.   Knowing these steps can help us with general troubleshooting with any website when using the internet.   

I hope this is helpful -- these bugs are annoying, for sure.   Good wishes to all who read and post here.🌻

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

@dooBdoo 

Just to hijack the thread a moment--

Hi @dooBdoo!  It's good to see you again!  You have been missed around here.  Hope you are well, all things considered.❤️🙏🌺

Honored Contributor

@geezerette wrote:

@dooBdoo 

Just to hijack the thread a moment--

Hi @dooBdoo!  It's good to see you again!  You have been missed around here.  Hope you are well, all things considered.❤️🙏🌺

Hi, @geezerette!   What a sweet post, and so characteristic of you to be thoughtful.    You touch my heart.   Thank you.   I've missed everyone here, too.   I'm doing fine, and I hope you and yours are, too.   Thanks, again.❤️

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Valued Contributor

@dooBdoo  Yes, that is the approximate message. I have done most of what you suggested, but I have now created a new bookmark as well. We will see how that works, Thank You. BTW, I am using the newest version of Edge if that makes a difference.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@shopperqvc wrote:

@dooBdoo  Yes, that is the approximate message. I have done most of what you suggested, but I have now created a new bookmark as well. We will see how that works, Thank You. BTW, I am using the newest version of Edge if that makes a difference.

Hi, @shopperqvc!  You're welcome.    If the other suggestions don't help, you might want to consider resetting your router and also resetting Microsoft Edge.   (If you haven't done that before, just look online for instructions.)   
It might be worth noting that in the past QVC hasn't recommended Edge as a preferred browser -- they usually suggest Google Chrome, Firefox, IE, and Safari for computers.    In any event, it's a good idea -- essential, really -- to have at least 2 browsers installed and up-to-date so we have a fallback option at hand if one browser is giving us fits.   Fingers crossed that you'll find the best solution and avoid this annoying error message in the future!😊

Valued Contributor

@dooBdoo After resetting MS Edge, now I can't sign in to QVC at all on that browser. But, I can go back to Internet Explorer and sign in just fine. At least that works, but I plan on sending MS a message that they have problems.

Since it worked well before their "new and improved" update a couple of weeks ago I would guess they "improved" something that now doesn't work at all. I suppose there are other web sites that there are problems signing in on, I just don't go to them.

You pointed me in the right direction, Thank You.

I love how they write programs and then we get to find the bugs, but it's always been that way.

Honored Contributor

@shopperqvc wrote:

@dooBdoo After resetting MS Edge, now I can't sign in to QVC at all on that browser. But, I can go back to Internet Explorer and sign in just fine. At least that works, but I plan on sending MS a message that they have problems.

Since it worked well before their "new and improved" update a couple of weeks ago I would guess they "improved" something that now doesn't work at all. I suppose there are other web sites that there are problems signing in on, I just don't go to them.

You pointed me in the right direction, Thank You.

I love how they write programs and then we get to find the bugs, but it's always been that way.

Thanks for the update, @shopperqvc -- you're on the road to resolving the problems, so that's a good thing.   We normally can reset (or even delete and reinstall) a browser to clear up hidden glitches -- each browser has online instructions so we know all the options available, how we can preserve settings, addons/extensions, bookmarks, etc.   I think doing that, and resetting our router, and also creating a "fresh" bookmark now and then, are troubleshooting tools often overlooked.    I'm glad you're up and running with IE!   Have a lovely, and safe, day and weekend!❤️