Trusted Contributor

Re: MODS: PLEASE PASS TO CORPORATE - PROCESSING TIME ON ORDERS

@itsmetoo wrote:

I think they've made it blatantly clear, ladies, In a nutshell, they don't care. I ditto everything all of you have said.

@itsmetoo  But if their quarterly sales go down they’ll care.😉

Esteemed Contributor

There has to be a    reason    for all these issues.  Could be:

Has Q has reduced their staff - just read on here they closed QVC France and a warehouse in CA

Could there be a problem with UPS - perhaps not getting paid promptly - so something like COD (cash payment on delivery)   could be COS (cash payment before Shipping)

Or some other financial issue - Bank - credit line - taxes

Whatever is causing these shipping problems - Q isn't addressing it to the public

Regular Contributor

I so agree with all of you.  QVC needs to get its act together when it comes to shipping orders, processing returned items in a timely manner, issuing refunds quickly, quality control and doing something about the excessive shipping fees.  I have returned over half of the items I have ordered in the past six months.  Most of the time it is clothing and quality control issues with sizing. 

I am SO DARN TIRED of ordering an item of clothing in my usual QVC size of XL and then when it arrives it fits like a 1 or 2X or it's so darn small I can't get it on.  I basically order Denim & Co, Susan Graver, some Kim Gravel & Quacker.  None of these are exempt from sizing issues.  One time an XL fits fine and then the next time I am sending it back!  Just fed up with this inconsistency!  Why doesn't QVC make their vendors adhere to sizing clothes correctly? Then we are penalized with big return fees to try on an item and it's QVC's fault that they don't adhere to consistent sizing not the customer's!!

For instance, I ordered the purple spring jacket with the floral lining from Susan Graver in a 1x because that is the size that fit on the last jacket I ordred from her (after ordering it 3 times to find one that fit) and I felt the 1x was a little big when it arrived so I ordered an XL.  Get this....the XL was over 2 inches larger than the 1x!!! So one more return!

I also am tired of waiting weeks to receive an item.  It took over two weeks to get the Denim & Co dip dyed top that was a TSV several weeks ago! And once again the XL was HUGE and I had to send it back for a large! Then there are the times when I get the large and it's too small.  I don't know who the idiot is that controls these sizes but the difference between sizes should only be an inch or so not three, four or five inches! 

Tired of waiting for my refunds. Takes two weeks or more for the return item to get to QVC and then a week later you get the email stating that they issued you a refund but the refund is not issued and you sit there and wait and wait for it to show up.  Then when I call CS I am told that they have not released the funds and now it's almost two weeks since I got the email telling me that they have issued the refund.  It has nothing to do with my bank!  From the time I drop off the pkg at the post office until I see my refund on my bank statment can be well over a month!  That's taking advantage of your customer's!  What is your problem QVC?

The quality of their items and clothes has also become an issue.  Valerie Parhill has junk.  I have returned most of her items and just won't buy from her any longer.  I ordered the Nest Cloche from Martha Stewart for $70 and when that arrived that went back also.  Looked like something from a rummage sale.  Mine was missing most of the ferns and moss that was shown in the presentation.  Very disappointed on that one!  Once again, no quality control!

QVC is definitely taking advantage of it's customers in so many aspects it's disgusting and they refuse to listen to our complaints, we are just ignored.  When other large companies, bigger than QVC have great customer service and don't gouge the customer with shipping and return fees and take advantage of people there is no reason why QVC can't do the same.  It would serve QVC right if they started to lose a large portion of their customer base.  Maybe then they would get it! Once I get the several items that I have ordered that are IN PROCESS I am looking elsewhere to buy my clothes.  QVC isn't the only company around!

Trusted Contributor

@fthunt wrote:

There has to be a    reason    for all these issues.  Could be:

Has Q has reduced their staff - just read on here they closed QVC France and a warehouse in CA

Could there be a problem with UPS - perhaps not getting paid promptly - so something like COD (cash payment on delivery)   could be COS (cash payment before Shipping)

Or some other financial issue - Bank - credit line - taxes

Whatever is causing these shipping problems - Q isn't addressing it to the public

@fthunt That’s why we as customers feel disrespected. All the inconvenience to customers and charging us high shipping prices for poor shipping times. They need to come out and make an announcement on what is causing it and what they are going to do about it. 

Trusted Contributor

I ordered two tops and it took almost two weeks for me to receive them.  They "shipped" and I was charged, but then they didn't go anywhere.  I used to get clothing orders within about 3 days.

Two weeks, in this day and age, is not acceptable.  It harkens back to the catalog ordering days. 

"I've been here since October 2006. Wow!"
Respected Contributor

Sometimes when I order something, by the time it arrives I've forgotten what I ordered.  Good thing I keep a running list of my online orders (mostly from other businesses).

Laura loves cats!
Respected Contributor

There are so many threads on this topic I'm not sure which is the best one to post this, so this one was a random choice.  

Consumers do have rights and businesses do have responsibilities.  For those who choose to be proactive, here is a link that might prove to be helpful: 

Federal Trade Commission  

Business Guide to the FTC's Mail, Internet, or Telephone Order Merchandise Rule.

Strive for respect instead of attention. It lasts longer.
Honored Contributor

I have an order that was placed on 3/23..... almost a week ago and is still in process. WHY!!!

Contributor

Well I was just about to write my first post here but I see I'm not the only one with shipping complaints.  I can't believe how long it takes for an order to be shipped.  I can order from companies anywhere in the world and receive my item in much less time than from QVC.  And like others have stated, shipping and return costs are really making me think twice before ordering.  I am currently waiting on several items to ship and now I wonder if they will be my last.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Eta-  I was just made aware that the email address below is no longer valid. 

I understand everyone's frustration and anger, even though I'm not affected lately because I rarely order from QVC anymore.

People complained recently that they have no way to reach corporate.  A few days ago , Kachina624 posted this email address for Mike George, Qvc's CEO.  I don't know if it's correct, but here it is.  Mike.George@QVC.com  

Why not try to email your complaiint to him?  There's certainly been enough PO'd customers lately to make an impact if all those complaints reach him.