New Contributor

I have tried two different times to purchase a pair of as is joggers...the first order went from In Process - Backorder- In Process multiple times so I canceled it. This time it has been In Process for 6 days and now it has gone to Backorder. Really??? You are selling items you don't have but my CC was charged on day one? 

Honored Contributor

I don't blame you for being upset.  Yes, you CC is charged immediately yet we always have to wait several days for a credit.

kindness is strength
Esteemed Contributor

Per QVC policy, credit cards are only charged for purchases when they are shipped. Any amounts you may see in your account history in the interim are only pending and are not formally applied to your account until an item has left QVC or the vendor responsible for its shipping and is on its way to you. (And if your item was on backorder, you wouldn't even see pending charges because there would be no timeframe for shipping since there is no product to associate with a shipment.)

New Contributor

The not so funny thing is that the second-order was the exact same item as the first order. 

New Contributor

That's so strange, I just checked and I have pending charges from another item that's been on backorder for days. Seems that the whole system needs a complete overhaul.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: AS IS Anybody

[ Edited ]

@loriqvc wrote:

Per QVC policy, credit cards are only charged for purchases when they are shipped. Any amounts you may see in your account history in the interim are only pending and are not formally applied to your account until an item has left QVC or the vendor responsible for its shipping and is on its way to you. (And if your item was on backorder, you wouldn't even see pending charges because there would be no timeframe for shipping since there is no product to associate with a shipment.)

The money is  (i don't know how to explain it)  withheld or "set aside"  for QVC in your bank acct untill  your item ships then the money is withdrawn from your account. Like if you had a balance of $100 left in your account ,they would withold  the $10 for the cost of your item and you would only be able to withdraw $90 from your account because QVC has a claim on the other $10.00    Then when your item ships they take the $10.00 totally out.......lol

Did I explain it correctly?  This happened to my granddaughter ,that is how I know. It messed her all up.

Esteemed Contributor

@MalteseMomma wrote:

@loriqvc wrote:

The money is  (i don't know how to explain it)  withheld or "set aside"  for QVC in your bank acct untill  your item ships then the money is withdrawn from your account. Like if you had a balance of $100 left in your account ,they would withold  the $10 for the cost of your item and you would only be able to withdraw $90 from your account because QVC has a claim on the other $10.00    Then when your item ships they take the $10.00 totally out.......lol

Did I explain it correctly?  This happened to my granddaughter ,that is how I know. It messed her all up.

It's called an authorization and is done routunally by merchants via your credit card companies to ensure there are funds available to cover the actual charge.  If an actual charge does not come through within 10 days it falls off.  Hotels do this all the time.  Try explaining that to a traveler who booked at one hotel, cancelled and didn't have enough funds to book at another hotel due to the authorization.  Word to the wise, when traveling always have a spare credit card just in case.

Honored Contributor
How do they know to sell them “as is” if they don’t even have them?