Frequent Contributor

A top that was "processing order" suddenly becomes "backordered".

[ Edited ]

The top is A297782. I was among the first the to order it, as I did even before it was presented on air, late night. How can they change it to backordered? Very bad service.

Smiley Sad

Honored Contributor

Re: A top that was "processing order" suddenly becomes "backordered".

@Peppu    Probably because transportation, possibly a ship from overseas, has been unavoidably delayed.  Have faith; it's on the way.  This is fairly common due to the state of current transportation. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
QVC Customer Care

@Peppu wrote:

The top is A297782. I was among the first the to order it, as I did even before it was presented on air, late night. How can they change it to backordered? Very bad service.

Smiley Sad

Hi @Peppu 

I have checked on your order for the tunic and notes indicate that it should be shipping by 8/19. We apologize for the slight delay and thank you for your patience.

Barb

Customer Care

Honored Contributor

I am not even sure what channel I was watching but in a news report about the ups and downs of inflation, the reporter mentioned the increased costs to retailers of all sorts of shipping delays as one of the reasons,prices of some items will continue to rise. No company names were mentioned though.

Frequent Contributor

How can QVC charge me on Aug 6th when its backordered and not even going to be shipped until 8/19?

Honored Contributor

@Peppu 

You probably were NOT charged.

ALL retailers, esp online, will put a hold/test on your account to make sure you have the abillity/means to purchase it.

It usually drops off in a couple days depending on your bank/card.

You will NOT be charged til it actually ships.

Respected Contributor

@Kachina624   That is why I am doing my winter holiday shopping now so that if there are delays or cancellations I have enough lead time to shift to plan "B" for any particular item.

Hope you have a happy weekend.

aroc3435

Washington, DC

Honored Contributor

@aroc3435   You are a very smart lady.  I bet transportation will be snarled during the holidays too.  I hope your weekend is cooler. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment