Trusted Contributor

Re: A new checkout experience is headed your way

@QVC wrote:

After months of researching how our customers shop with us, we’re excited to launch a new & improved checkout experience made just for you. Whether it’s on our site or apps, the new flow makes getting through the process easier & more streamlined.

Some of the perks:

• Fewer clicks: Selections like Easy Pay®, payment method & shipping address will automatically default, so you can check out even faster—and still review & edit orders (all on one page) before submitting.
  • Updated design: So it’s easier to see important details and quicker to complete your order.
  • Shop how you like, where you like: You’ll love how the mobile-friendly experience lets you shop anywhere, anytime.

Because we’re rolling out the new checkout in phases, you may initially get a different experience, depending on your device—but rest assured, it’s coming! Be sure to keep checking back for updates and to share your thoughts.

QVC,

I just tested to understand how this was different from what we already have.  YOU NEED TO IMMEDIATELY REVERSE YOUR CHANGES.

To save on clicks, I currently select the Speed Buy button.  Until your update, this presents a review of your order, with your last payment method and easy pay, if applicable, as the default.  There was a box you would check if you wanted to make any changes to the default payment.  I would click that box, so I could either remove easy pay and select one payment, or change the credit card I wish to use for this payment.

In my test I just completed, when I selected the Speed Buy button, it IMMEDIATELY purchased the item.  I had to quickly go to my order status to CANCEL as this was a test only.

The new checkout experience is a nightmare.  It's unfathomable to me that after your "months" of research, you would think this would not be an issue for your customers.

So now, I will have to manually go through all the steps to check out UNLESS I want to use my current payment method AND easy pay.

And I say Current Payment Method for a reason.  Your previous checkout system had a flaw which I doubt has been remedied.  That flaw is, if you ordered a previous item and used a different credit card  that you wanted to use for, THIS ORDER ONLY, and then purchased another item wanting to use your regular credit card it automatically defaults to the last credit card you used

What QVC needs to do is have a check box by each credit card on file so your customer can select their DEFAULT CREDIT CARD they which to use. THEN, if for one order we change the credit card, when we order again, using SPEED BUY, it will go back to using the DEFAULT CREDIT CARD.  

You have created a nightmare for your customers.  I am sure this wasn't your intention.  But now, I at least, CAN NOT use the SPEED BUY button UNLESS I want easy pay and do not want to change my credit card.  You have introduced MORE CLICKS for this customer.

Valued Contributor

Perhaps QVC should be admonished for the failed new experimemt on checkout, which by the way, is the purpose of the blog, and not to admonish other qvc customers who post. Have a wonder day and wonder weekend.  

Super Contributor

I purchase for me and my mother who does not have a computer.  I use her credit card for her purchases and my credit card for my purchases.  I hope this doesn't mess that up because it will be a nightmare. 

Honored Contributor

@ugabugabooooo wrote:

I purchase for me and my mother who does not have a computer.  I use her credit card for her purchases and my credit card for my purchases.  I hope this doesn't mess that up because it will be a nightmare. 

@ugabugabooooo 

i purchase for my mother pnline also, but she has her own account and i have my own account so there are never any issues. she also orders by phone sometimes.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Esteemed Contributor

QVC is by far the worst place to order anything these days. I do not have to worry because I am not ordering from them. They will not give a inch. The shipping and handling is not worth the time wasted waiting for a item. The CS is dead wood. And the few items I have ordered came damaged and QVC never paid me for shipping them back. They are a horror to deal with. A new check out? Why not try free shipping or lower your prices. These items can be brought else where for far less money and wait time. In other words you are not doing anybody any favors with your hay brain ideas.Woman Mad

Contributor

Horrible experience with this.  Items keep dropping out of my cart before the hour is up.  I have items appearing in my Wait for Later area that were there months ago and deleted.  The items that are dropped from my cart do no go to the "Later" area.  

I still hate the Wait List changes that were made months ago.  Really miss the ability to keep notes in my Wait List.

Seems that all the changes made to this website are a pain in the a**.

Contributor

PLEASE HAVE FASTER DELIVERY LIKE AMAZON HAS. MUCH CHEAPER PRICES.

Contributor

FASTER SHIPPING WOULD BE GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Occasional Contributor

I noticed several weeks back that the system automatically defaults to flex pay.  If you to go into edit and change that.

Honored Contributor

I rarely opt to use easy pay.  I prefer the former system when we were shown both options during checkout.  

I placed an an order yesterday, and knew to edit during the payment process, because I’d read about it here.  What about all the customers who don’t participate on this board?   Why would they be forced into easy pay when it might not be what they prefer?