Occasional Contributor

$50 credit to my account if I open a Q card account

On April 11, 2020, I purchased an item on QVC and opened a Q card account the same day because I was told I would receive a $50 credit to my account. However, I couldn't use the credit for this purchase and had to use it on my next purchase. I was okay with that. On May 8, 2020, I purchased another item over the phone and told the representative that I wanted to use my $50 credit towards the purchase and I wasn't able to do it online. She said she saw the credit in my account and would apply it to my purchase. Well, when I received my order status, the credit wasn't applied to my purchase. So, I called customer service and was told that the credit wouldn't show up for 6-8 weeks. Then she told me in the next breath that I had to use the credit by April 30, 2020 and that it expired and I wasn't eligible any longer and that she was sorry. I told her that I was not told I had to use it before April 30, 2020 and that this was unacceptable. She said I could make a request for a $20 credit but they don't always grant one. I told her that I wanted to request a $50 credit, not $20, as I was promised when I opened the Q card, since there was no mention of the fact that I had to use it before 19 days expired and that this was a dishonest tactic used by QVC. She said she would submit the request for $50 and that it normally takes 5 days before anything

QVC Customer Care

Re: $50 credit to my account if I open a Q card account

@Sue245 

I have sent you an email regarding your credit.

Beth QVC

Honored Contributor

I always find it amazing, no matter who the vendor is, how quickly the credit card is charged but getting a credit takes days or even weeks.    

Esteemed Contributor

This is why I stay away from the hard sale of that credit card!   

Regular Contributor

On February 16th I opened a Q card account and was also promised a $50 account credit if a purchase was made by the end of the month.  If you check my account, you will see I have made numerous purchases but have not received the $50 account credit.  I would appreciate it if customer service could look into this so that those promised the credit will receive it.

QVC Customer Care

@Bubbles219 wrote:

On February 16th I opened a Q card account and was also promised a $50 account credit if a purchase was made by the end of the month.  If you check my account, you will see I have made numerous purchases but have not received the $50 account credit.  I would appreciate it if customer service could look into this so that those promised the credit will receive it.

@Bubbles219   We will email you regarding the Q-Card credit.             

Susan

Regular Contributor

@Susan-QVC wrote:

@Bubbles219 wrote:

@Bubbles219   We will email you regarding the Q-Card credit.             

Susan

I just want to say thank you for the extremely fast response to my inquiry.  Customer service cleared this up for me very quickly.  It was MY mistake~ I had numerous gift cards and was under the impression that the credit would show up on my Q  credit card statement.  Many are complaining about customer service but I have to say that QVC's customer service continues to be top notch.  THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!

Trusted Contributor

@Bubbles219  ...... Thank you for letting us know this was "cleared" up to your satisfaction. And I want to applaud you for admitting it was your mistake. Have a very nice evening.

Esteemed Contributor

@Sue245. That is terrible. No excuse for that whatsoever. The Q needs to fix that right away.
New Contributor

Same issue here. I made a purchase in April and was supposed to receive a $50 creidt. The only reason I opened and used a Q card was because of the credit. It's been 3 months, I've made 4 phone calls, and still nothing. Q card says to contact QVC. Qvc says they've issued another request to apply the credit. In the interim, I've paid off the card, but not before paying an additional $10 in interest because I assumed the credit would come through as promised. 

Has anyone ever received a resolution?