How often does QVC do five or six easy pays on everything? 

Trusted Contributor

Re: 5 easy pay on everything

Welcome to the boards!

I haven't seen 6 easy pays in a very long time.  They have only done that on rare occasions.

The 5 easy pay plan is offered quite often during the holidays or special days.  They don't seem to do it as often once Christmas is over, but it does happen sometimes.

Right now 3 easy pays are guaranteed on everything.  I have seen 4 in recent weeks as well.  I believe you get more easy pays if you are a Q Card Member, which I am not.

I hope that helped!

Trusted Contributor

If you get their Q card, you get 5 easy pays--maybe not 100% but pretty much everything, all the time. Like most store cards, the interest rates are horrendous, but if you pay the balance each month, it ends up costing you nothing. 

At one time, easy pays were much more rare in general; now it's ordinary to get 3, and the higher ticket the item is, the more likely you will get 4 or 5. The highest is 6, but that's rare.

On specific, expensive items, they offer up to 12 months to pay. You don't see it a lot, but watch the fine print or call and ask.

Honored Contributor

Q hasn't had 6 easy pays since covid hit last March. They do offer 5 easy pays on occasion but certainly not as often as they used to.  

Valued Contributor

To heck with 5 and 6 easy pays - that i s how QVC gets their customers in such debt....$3.00 a month for 5 monts as an example.  In the long run it only benefits QVC....it use to be you could get 2 easy pays.....that works so much better for the customer not getting into debt but that's not what QVC wants or is about!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Trusted Contributor

@grooms wrote:

To heck with 5 and 6 easy pays - that i s how QVC gets their customers in such debt....$3.00 a month for 5 monts as an example.  In the long run it only benefits QVC....it use to be you could get 2 easy pays.....that works so much better for the customer not getting into debt but that's not what QVC wants or is about!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Of course it is to QVC's advantage.  They wouldn't do it if it were not, at the same time, everyone should be responsible for their own spending.  It is not QVC's fault if people cannot handle their own finances.

Honored Contributor

@grooms wrote:

@grooms 

LOL ..... Are you serious?   You think QVC is TRYING to get their customers into debt?   Why would any retailer want to do that?

News flash:  YOU are the only person responsible for your spending habits.  You can skip the easy pay and pay the whole amount ... or perhaps you should just skip the purchase because you can't really afford it, if you're honest with yourself.   

Blaming the retailer, any retailer, for your spending habits is just ridiculous.