New Contributor

I have a dear friend in FL. She has Lymphodema. Just came out of the hospital. I want to get her a scooter or other wheelchair but with pay in 3 it would be tough for me.

Honored Contributor

@Grandma2Kayla    What a good friend you are!  Maybe this coming week-end?  I have 3 scooters; if you buy one, watch the maximum weight it will carry as well as the weight of the heaviest piece when disassembled.  Some are too heavy for the average person to lift into a car.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

@Grandma2Kayla  I'm sure 5 ez pay will be coming soon, it's available a lot.  

You may have some luck if you give CS a call, maybe they know or will be able to do a 5 ez pay offer because it's a more expensive item. 

......You look like I need a drink.....
Respected Contributor

That's a very sweet gesture, but before you make a purchase I would try to see if she has some insurance coverage that would pay for or defray the cost a bit.

Honored Contributor

Re: 5 easy pay coming soon?

[ Edited ]

@Grandma2Kayla 

You may have her check with her insurance (or medicare) coverage.

My spouse doctor wrote him a script and a scooter would be provided for him through his insurance/medicare with no cost to him. 

Although, it's not a lightweight travel scooter if that's what your looking for.  We opted not to get it as I wanted it for when we go to drs, etc. and the regular one I could never lift into car.

.  You can also inquire at mobility stores for purchase -- they have all kinds of payment plans from the inquiries I've visited in our area.  They also have various types of scooters to meet ones needs.

Shes lucky to have a good friend like you😊

Esteemed Contributor

@homedecor1 wrote:

@Grandma2Kayla 

You may have her check with her insurance (or medicare) coverage.

My spouse doctor wrote him a script and a scooter would be provided for him through his insurance/medicare with no cost to him. 

Although, it's not a lightweight travel scooter if that's what your looking for.  We opted not to get it as I wanted it for when we go to drs, etc. and the regular one I could never lift into car.

.  You can also inquire at mobility stores for purchase -- they have all kinds of payment plans from the inquiries I've visited in our area.  They also have various types of scooters to meet ones needs.

Shes lucky to have a good friend like you😊

@homedecor1  how about getting the one that the insurance company provided so that he can have that one to ride around the property. The light weight one could be kept in the vehicle. @Kachina624  has three and maybe they are for different purposes.

Honored Contributor

@Sage04 

It was my idea to get him a scooter for only when we go places.

He has nice walker & travel wheelchair (which he originally didn't want either🤦‍♀️).

No sense taking it if he won't use it someone else out there needs it more than him, I'm sure🙂

Esteemed Contributor

@homedecor1 wrote:

@Sage04 

It was my idea to get him a scooter for only when we go places.

He has nice walker & travel wheelchair (which he originally didn't want either🤦‍♀️).

No sense taking it if he won't use it someone else out there needs it more than him, I'm sure🙂

@homedecor1  most men would prefer a scooter. It's like riding a Harley Davidson or a Kawasaki motorcycle lol