Honored Contributor

I just might have ordered the TSV,but you all limited the $5.00 "gift" I was sent.

'cuz every girl's crazy 'bout a sharp dressed man
Honored Contributor

You got a $5 gift?  Well, that's more than I got.  (I got nothing, as usual.)

Esteemed Contributor

The email for the questionnaire (and $5.00 gift) was sent to me, but I couldn't access the questionnaire to answer it, which was the reason for receiving the $5.00. Why did QVC bother to send it? Was it a tease??

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Honored Contributor

@BirkiLady   Like every other gimmick and gadget nearly every single retailer uses, it's an attempt to get customers to spend more and/or to target that spender to certain merchandise.

I know I got a $5 coupon from CVS when I had my flu shot two months back.  It will expire on 12/31 and because of the limitations listed, I have not found a way to use it unless I buy something I haven't had on either my need or want list.  

Overall, I think I do not really reduce my spending much at all through many of the gimmicks. In fact, one of the gimmicks I dislike the most are all the ads telling me how much I save when I buy whatever is being sold.  NO -  that's called spending wisely in my book. 

Honored Contributor

I got a nice $25. "gift" from Walmart but I have to spend $45. to claim it.  It'll die unused. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Re: $5.00 gift from the Q

[ Edited ]

I got a $10 Kohl's Cash this past week as a thank you for being a valued customer - no strings attached.  Even if I find something for less than $10 that I want, I can use it.  I'm sure I'll find something to spend it on! smileyvery-happy: 

They also send out a gift like that on my "anniversary" and my birthday, plus at odd times during the year.  I feel like they do value my custom.

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624  - That $25 would come in handy, if there's something you want for $45.  You'd only end up paying $20.  Isn't that a reasonable bargain?  Especially, if Walmart has the best price on something you want.

If I get something like that and I'm not going to use it, I pass it on to someone who would appreciate it.

Honored Contributor

@Venezia    Great if only there was something I wanted or needed. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 - LOL.  Send it to me!  My DH says I'm an expert at "finding something" to buy!  Smiley Very Happy

Right now I'm just trying to find a new carrier for my cats and I looked at Petco and Chewy during the Black Friday and Cyber Monday sales, but it seems everyone got there before me.

Have a great holiday.  I always enjoy "chatting" with you.

Esteemed Contributor

@millieshops Sort of like the $60 offer IF I open a QVC credit card!! Receive those daily, yet I'll NEVER follow up. Smiley Tongue

Money screams; wealth whispers.