Re: $40 Credit if you open a Q Card

I didn't realize there was an expiration on my $40 credit for opening the charge and now they will not honor it.  I have purchased so many things from QVC I would think they could make an exception but they don't. I am extremely disappointed. 

Honored Contributor

@Paris1656 wrote:

I didn't realize there was an expiration on my $40 credit for opening the charge and now they will not honor it.  I have purchased so many things from QVC I would think they could make an exception but they don't. I am extremely disappointed. 

you could try emailing the social team at qvcsocialteam@qvc.com.

if you read the information when you apply for the credit card, all of the information regarding the credit is clearly stated there, including the fact that it does have an expiration date.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein

Hey they have done the same thing to all of us.  I opened the Qcard Account on November 20, 2020 and the same $40 Account Credit was mentioned and nothing was mentioned about purchases later.  This is what was online that day.   " earn a $40 QVC account credit. Open a new Qcard today and make a purchased by the end of the month. Offer ends at 11:59 et.  Apply Now."   So I applied first for card.  Then I made a purchased before end of month.  Guess What I got no $40 off.  I have now sent an online dispute of charges and a written dispute and have gotten no reply.  Both QVC/Synchrony are have me go in circles about the issue.  I feel I was lied too.  Now in order to get the $40 they want me to purchase something else.  There's no mention of a 5-8 week waiting period, it said apply for credit and order before in of month for the $40 credit.  thank you Junobaby

Valued Contributor

it is not a credit to your credit card account. It’s a credit on your QVC account, which they never explain. When you place an order, you can’t use speed pay, you need to go through the full checkout process, and you’ll be asked if you want to use your credit. I had no idea that was how it works until I got a CSR who knew the system and explained it. Mine had expired, but the CSR was able to extend it.

The Q needs to explain this thoroughly. There should be an email when your credit is approved to let you know how to use it.

Super Contributor

I fell for this nonsense too.  I cancelled my card.  HSN makes the same promises.  Incredibly misleading.  

Honored Contributor

@Catstamper wrote:

it is not a credit to your credit card account. It’s a credit on your QVC account, which they never explain. When you place an order, you can’t use speed pay, you need to go through the full checkout process, and you’ll be asked if you want to use your credit. I had no idea that was how it works until I got a CSR who knew the system and explained it. Mine had expired, but the CSR was able to extend it.

The Q needs to explain this thoroughly. There should be an email when your credit is approved to let you know how to use it.

it IS explained thoroughly if you read the fine print of the offer details. always a good thing to do when you sign up for any credit card or offer.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein