Honored Contributor

After having just googled Cornucopia's founders, financial backing and who they are happy to connect to (Mercola), I'm afraid I'm not impressed and will go right on eating my lower carb yogurt. Yes there is yogurt out there full of sugar. But all anyone has to do to choose a healthy version is read labels. I guess Cornucopia believes no one does, thereby living in a world of confused ignorance, unable to make informed decision. LOL.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Respected Contributor

Re: yogurt ~ yea or ???

[ Edited ]

@Moonchilde wrote:

After having just googled Cornucopia's founders, financial backing and who they are happy to connect to (Mercola), I'm afraid I'm not impressed and will go right on eating my lower carb yogurt. Yes there is yogurt out there full of sugar. But all anyone has to do to choose a healthy version is read labels. I guess Cornucopia believes no one does, thereby living in a world of confused ignorance, unable to make informed decision. LOL.

That's news to me.  If you scroll down to their report it shows who owns Cornucopia with their address.  If I were to eat yogurt again I would only buy the top rated ones on their list. Especially would not buy the ones with fillers or carrageenan.

Honored Contributor

@dex wrote:

@Moonchilde I buy the big container of Greek and mix in two tbsp of high quality unsweetened cocoa powder and to me it tastes like chocolate cheesecake.

@dex, Chobani has a new Dark Chocolate Cherry Greek yogurt that is delicious. Low in sodium, 12 net carbs (lower than the ADA's recommended snacks for diabetics), and 7 grams of protein.  That is less carbs than most slices of bread. Your idea sounds yum, though, and certainly more cost effective :-)

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

That sounds like a nice choice but right now I am loving the taste of my own concoction We buy the plain yoghurt because my DH avoids sugar and My stomach can't tolerate alternative sweeteners. I usually sprinkle some organic no added sugar toasted coconut on top and some berries....killer.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@truffle wrote:

I used to be a big fan of yogurt buying it all the time and making sure to eat it everyday to ensure good health and longevity.  Here's why I no longer eat it, stopped over a year ago.

https://www.cornucopia.org/yogurt/

https://www.cornucopia.org/yogurt-scorecard/

https://www.cornucopia.org/yogurt-scorecard/docs/Scorecard-Criteria.pdf

This is exactly why I buy plain greek yogurt and choose what I add to it- no mystery [unhealthy] ingredients then!! Woman Happy

Respected Contributor

@Moonchilde I'm sure you'd laugh if you knew some of my food choices, not always healthy as my tastebuds rule more often than I care to admit.  Smiley Very Happy

Esteemed Contributor

Just finished a container of Dannon Greek NF black cherry. I add about a tsp of Dutch process unsweetened cocoa powder. 

I eat yogurt 4-5 times/week. Trying not to go too crazy on dairy. Opting for other sources of protein as well on my weight loss plan.

Honored Contributor

@queendiva Have you tried eating chia...it is good protein and filling.I like to mix some with a little pomegranate juice in a small squeeze bottle that I got to use for salad dressing in lunch boxes.I usually let it stand in fridge overnight and it becomes a gel that I can just squeeze into my mouth for a filling snack or breakfast on the go.

Super Contributor

Noosa is my favorite.  Regular Activa strawberry is in 2nd place.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@queendiva wrote:

Just finished a container of Dannon Greek NF black cherry. I add about a tsp of Dutch process unsweetened cocoa powder. 

I eat yogurt 4-5 times/week. Trying not to go too crazy on dairy. Opting for other sources of protein as well on my weight loss plan.

Premier protein shakes are awesome!! Lots of protein, vitamins and minerals-  with very little fat or sugar. Minimal calories too. I drink the 30 gram variety - once or twice a day.