Honored Contributor

Re: would you shoot down a drone hovering over your property?

l

You consider taking an ax to an inanimate object a "violent act"? Only an extreme pacifist would think that was violent, IMO.

I think firing a weapon would be more dangerous, since the bullet could end up far away and hit someone innocent.

If an object was treasured or valued taking an ax to it would be considered a violent act by many. and it did mention shooting it down before using the ax

Plus do we really need to be yelled at with that bold text for comments just made in jest.

I used Ariel Bold to separate my comments from the OP above. Sorry!

Respected Contributor

@terrier3 wrote:

l

You consider taking an ax to an inanimate object a "violent act"? Only an extreme pacifist would think that was violent, IMO.

I think firing a weapon would be more dangerous, since the bullet could end up far away and hit someone innocent.

If an object was treasured or valued taking an ax to it would be considered a violent act by many. and it did mention shooting it down before using the ax

Plus do we really need to be yelled at with that bold text for comments just made in jest.

I used Ariel Bold to separate my comments from the OP above. Sorry!

thanks for answering

Esteemed Contributor

I live on the 12th floor of a condo, so if one entered my airspace on my balcony, I'd probably reach out and grab it and give it to the police....shoot? No arms here? I might kill my neighbor if I did own a gun and shot it at a small object.
Honored Contributor

Some singer just grabbed one, annoying  him while giving a concert. He cut his hand quite badly. They can hurt you

The woman hit in the head by one, was knocked unconscious

Respected Contributor

I think eventually, someone will invent some type of device that disables them, knocks out their operating system.  Push a button.....splattttt.   I'm thinking $49 on 3 easy pays....lol

Respected Contributor

No because I can't be trusted with a gun Smiley Happy

I think I would be annoyed by a drone hovering over my house though

Respected Contributor

ITA! Sounds like good target practice to me! The ranch across the road from our place was just put on the market and the realtors website had a drone movie of the property and I was shocked at how much of OUR property was clearly visible! Good thing I wasn't working on my tan the day they shot it! If I would have seen it over our place "Honey get the paintball weapons!" That sucker would have been a goner!

Honored Contributor

I live in a state that has no problem with guns, people are apread apart by a lot of land (and protect themselves, their family and property with guns) and I have no doubt that someone would take a drone down if it were hovering over their property.  The land-owners here don't take kindly to anything spooking their animals (their livelihood).

Would I take one down?  I have no problem with shooting a drone down.  They are an invasion of privacy and are not a living thing.....

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have mixed feelings on drones.  On one hand they are a valuable tool for specific purposes.  It is the recreational useage that bothers me.  I have not researched the legislation regarding their usage and what mandatory guidelines which must be followed.

No one individual owns air space, however if a drone is being used it needs to have identification markings and licensing which is required for other aircraft.  That would be really difficult to place on them being they are so small.  May-be they will have to color code them, like black with white stripes for law enforcement.

Would I shot one down?  If is was low flying around my house for extended periods, and I was not notified, yes, I would.   I probably would call the police first, but if they didn't resolve it, then yes I would try and bring it down.  And then let the fight begins....

Trusted Contributor

I guess it would depend on a person's sense of their privacy being totally invaded or their level of paranoia as to what they would do to one.