Respected Contributor

Re: would you shoot down a drone hovering over your property?

ooh, poor amazon.com - they are going to get a lot of complaints from customers about missing merchandise - not to mention their damaged drones!  haha

If you can't fix what's broken, you'll go insane ~ Max
Look, I don’t like the taste of broccoli, but it doesn’t get tastier if you call it “Broccoli!”!
You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling. ~ Eames
Honored Contributor

We don't do guns, so we'd just have to settle for a middle-finger salute.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Trusted Contributor

Well it depends. If I was having a few glasses of wine and seen the drone flying over I would think it was a flying saucer . I might try to wave it to come down so I could meet some real aliens. Wanting to see one for years I think they have 3 eyes or maybe a baby pink elephant is on board always wanted to see one of them to especially after a bottle of wine I drank!! LOL
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@hckynutjohn wrote:

@ChynnaBlue wrote:
No. If I miss, that bullet is going to land somewhere and I don't want to injure anyone because I wasn't thinking. Honestly, I'm so sick of frightened people shooting without thinking. There are ways to deal with annoyances or problems without shooting.

Where are all these people that you are speaking of that are "shooting without thinking". I've been around many gun owners and I know only 1 that shot his gun. Someone had broken into his business and had a knife in his hand. Knife versus gun? The gun owner shot his gun to show the thief it had real bullets in it, and then called 911, held the guy till the police arrived and arrested him.

The gun owner had it registered and also had a legal Conceal Carry Permit. Just curious where all these people you mention "shooting without thinking" reside.

Are you kidding me with that question? Each item below is hyperlinked to an article with more information.

In North Carolina, three people were shot over a parking space.

In Wisconsin, a man went to jail for shooting his neighbor's dog with a pellet gun.

Also in Wisconsin, a man shot a 13 year-old neighbor

This guy in Florida shot someone over loud music

A mother in Las Vegas, NV was shot in a road rage incident

A man in Texas shot a neighbor over loud music

A teenager in Detroit was shot when she tried to get help after a car accident

Another man in North Carolina was shot by the police when he tried to get help after a car accident

They live all over, John. People who shoot without thinking live all over.

Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

I am also a responsible gun owner, and I would not shoot it down.

Edited to add responsible.

Frequent Contributor

If its hovering over my house, and it has a camera, I would shoot at it with a paint ball gun or a BB gun. I consider it an invasion of my privacy as well.
Frequent Contributor

No, I wouldn't shoot it down. The owner wouldn't be too far from you cause they can't get too far out of range. And the battery life in it isn't all that long at all. I'd start waving at it and say hello. I think they are pretty cool. I wouldn't mind having one to play with.
~ It's a good day when I didn't have to unleash the flying monkeys! ~
Honored Contributor

I wouldn't shoot it down.  What goes up must come down.  A lot of people shoot guns into the air and a children are killed because of that idiotic tradition on New Years and the 4th.

Would I try to knock down a drone, you betcha.

A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices
Trusted Contributor

I believe it is illegal to shoot down a drone. But I'd sure try to get rid of it somehow!
Esteemed Contributor

Hmm more things to think about. Im too old for this new stuff. lol.  IF a drone was on our property I wouldnt be that concerned, because it would probably get caught in our trees, (we have a lot of trees). But shoot it? No, we dont own guns.

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles