Respected Contributor

Re: would you shoot down a drone hovering over your property?

Nah.......I'd just flash it. I garauntee that I'd scare the dickens out of whoever sent it!! ROFL

'I refuse to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed man'.......Unknown
Honored Contributor

@Greenhouse wrote:
I live on the 12th floor of a condo, so if one entered my airspace on my balcony, I'd probably reach out and grab it and give it to the police....shoot? No arms here? I might kill my neighbor if I did own a gun and shot it at a small object.

The 12th floor sounds cool...do you have a good view? Is it quiet up there?

I used to live on the top floor of a building, but it was only 5 stories high...the  fall leaves were gorgeous.

Honored Contributor

@Mominohio wrote:

@terrier3 wrote:

@Mominohio wrote:

@chrystaltree wrote:

With what?  We aren't gun owners, we would never be gun owners.  However, in theory if a drone encroached upon me or my property and I had the means to do so, I'd shoot it out of the sky and grab an ax and chop up the pieces.  We need some privacy laws sooner rather than later.  I can't climb up on my neighbor's balcony and peek into her window and film she's doing.....but......I can fly a tiny plane onto her balcony and film to heart's content????   Does that even make any sense?

Geez. "we would never be gun owners" , but sure would use an ax to committ a violent act. Funny.

You consider taking an ax to an inanimate object a "violent act"? Only an extreme pacifist would think that was violent, IMO.

I think firing a weapon would be more dangerous, since the bullet could end up far away and hit someone innocent.

I just think it ironic that someone who 'would never own a gun' presumably because 'guns kill' and are 'dangerous', would use another inanimate object like an ax, to so violently dispose of something that 'bothers' them. Just reinforces that guns don't kill, anymore than axes do, it's the people behind them and what they do with them. 

You're stretching this mightily to make your point. againstg those who opt not to own firearms.

Many of us, probably most of us, who choose not to own firearms would do whatever it took to defend ourselves in our homes from a person or people trying to kill us. If that meant grabbing a bat or an axe, so be it.

Has nothing to do with the choice not to own or use weapons.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Frequent Contributor

Oh wow, I just popped in to the last reply to see what was last written since my earlier reply. It seems like it's now a guns issue. The fact is whatever you use to defend yourself IS a weapon WHETHER it be a bat, knife, axe, a crossbow, or a gun. Each one of these items can be used for other things. It's not a question of choosing to own or not own weapons. We all own weapons! I'm just sayin!
~ It's a good day when I didn't have to unleash the flying monkeys! ~
Honored Contributor

@milliegrace wrote:
Oh wow, I just popped in to the last reply to see what was last written since my earlier reply. It seems like it's now a guns issue. The fact is whatever you use to defend yourself IS a weapon WHETHER it be a bat, knife, axe, a crossbow, or a gun. Each one of these items can be used for other things. It's not a question of choosing to own or not own weapons. We all own weapons! I'm just sayin!

We can even get looser with the definition of a "weapon" and include a chair, a book, my fist, etc.

They all have other uses. But what uses does a gun (and maybe a crossbow) have other than to injure or kill?

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

havent seen a drone around my property.......have seen the google cars with the huge cameras though.

wont ever own a gun so i would not be shooting anything down.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Super Contributor

I'd be tempted to.

Honored Contributor

I think this whole drone thing is a huge invasion of privacy and personal space, however I find it a little disconcerting that many here are willing to discharge a firearm to take one out.surprise

Contributor

I don't own a gun but I have no problem taking out the hose and spraying it to death. Cat LOL

Respected Contributor

@cherry wrote:

WE don't own guns, but it seems to me this is a privacy invasion issue. I think if I did own a gun, I would be tempted

I view the tiny drone the same way I view a helicopter flying over our home.  I would wave.  And of course I would watch it because I like flying objects.