Esteemed Contributor

Re: wonder why hosts chatter away when guest is talking

[ Edited ]

@Qshopper1991 wrote:

I was watching Dennis Basso early this morning (around 1:30 AM) and that darn new host (long dark hair, wears lots of makeup) kept talking over Dennis.  I wanted to reach through the TV and shake her and tell her to shut the hell up.

It's extremely annoying.  And she needs to calm the heck down.  She's like a wound up toy.  So unprofessional Smiley Sad

Uh, I on the other hand was fed up with Dennis. He can't shut up and let the host do

what she is supposed to do regarding quantities, etc. Plus, his voice drives me crazy. Ugh. And then there's Susan Graver who never shuts up and is completely unaware of the host at all.

Esteemed Contributor

@missy1 wrote:

@spud188 wrote:

Today Martha S. asked Jane T.if she could talk. It was truly a moment.

What is the item #? to view the video

@missy1. I would also love to see the video ,  what is the item#  please?

Trusted Contributor

And it happened yet again on the Gourmet Holiday show at 4 PM yesterday.  Woman Frustrated

Dan Wheeler kept interrupting Alan Rosen.  Alan finally spoke up and said, "Dan, you keep interrupting me".  And even after Alan said that, Dan kept doing it.  So embarrassing and so rude.

And watching him watch himself on the monitor as he eats is nauseating.  He is more of a ham than the Kansas City Ham that he tries to sell. 

IMO he should not be on camera - ever.  He is disruptive and rude to the guests.  I turned the TV off after that.  And Alan's face said it all.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@spud188 wrote:

Today Martha S. asked Jane T.if she could talk. It was truly a moment.

@spud188

Well GOOD for Martha!!! Woman Very Happy 

I hate it when they pair Jane T. with Valerie Parr Hill....Jane just goes on and on and she won't let Valerie speak or give her decorating tips....its so darn annoying with these hosts.....

And there's one I call "the auctioneer" (KL) she talks so fast, I bet if they had a contest who is the fastest talking host, I bet she could even give Jane T a run for her money........LOL!!!  

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@Fair Lady wrote:

I agree. I like to hear what Lori is saying about the design or construction without having Amy interrupt to give an "urgent update" on how many garments have been sold. Others do it too and it's really annoying. QVC must think it will get me to buy. All it does it get me to change the channel.

@Fair Lady

I don't mind the interrupts on the updates on the quantaties the Producer does that in order to bring in the last minute sales, but when the hosts interrupt to make an unimportant comment (or share a family story) and interrupts the vendor right at the moment they are saying something important about the product---that irks me to no end!!!! Usually results in a turn the channel moment and NO SALE QVC!

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”