Super Contributor

Re: who lets deliveries SIT for a few days...

My husband works in an environmental lab. He says that mail and packages should set a few days before we open them. Plus we wash all of our groceries when we get home unless it has a cardboard or paper container. We let those sit a few days before use. Dr. Sunjay Gupta on TV showed how to wipe down groceries at the beginning of the pandemic. 

i do not believe Dr Fauci and the CDC anymore because one day they say one safety thing then the next day they change their mind, Fauci even suggested shield and goggles once but quickly changed. I am cautious because my friends and their families have been infected and had bad outcomes. 

Honored Contributor

If I had to wash or wipe all of my groceries when I brought them home, I would die of starvation.  

I bring the grocery bags in and put them on the kitchen floor instead of the counters.  Then I pull the groceries out and put them away.  Then I wash my hands twice, 20 seconds each time.

Same with other purchases or deliveries. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

In the beginning of the demic I was letting stuff sit b/c there wasn't enough known about rona's infectious nature. Now I just put the stuff away as usual. 

Respected Contributor

We use to wipe everything down but let up on that.  I open and wipe item and put away.  Wash hands and counters too.

I still use hand sanitizer, masks, and disinfectant.  Clean and scrub every week really good.  Wash hands more.

No big break outs at post office or ups that I have heard.  Where I work a couple people in plant but they have done a great job on protecting people.

For Thanksgiving we got a gift certificate for meat or produce, box  of masks, hand sanitizer and tips on how to stay safe.

I also was moved to a private office along with some others moved too.

Honored Contributor

@gidgetgh wrote:

If I had to wash or wipe all of my groceries when I brought them home, I would die of starvation.  

I bring the grocery bags in and put them on the kitchen floor instead of the counters.  Then I pull the groceries out and put them away.  Then I wash my hands twice, 20 seconds each time.

Same with other purchases or deliveries. 

@gidgetgh   We do pretty much the same.  We used to sanitize the little card table and top of the clothes dryer in the garage to place items after sanitizing but didn't leave them there.  Brought them all in when done.

Now we do the same-bags on the floor, but kitchen counter is sanitized to place the items to be sorted.  Then put away.

Some bags are paper, some are insulated for cold items and that gets wiped down, too, along with any reusable bags.

We don't sanitize mail; we do wipe down what is in a delivery box/packing bags but the boxes/bags just go to the recycle bin.  Hands washed.

Hands washed before and after; also sanitize the car steering wheel/handles.  Door handles to and from garage and the key remote.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Respected Contributor

We get packages daily and no I have never done that. I wash my hands after opening but that's all the precautions I take. 

Honored Contributor

@tends2dogs wrote:

Too cautious.  Dr. Fauci said that it isn't necessary to sanitize mail or packages..........if that is important to you.

If it makes you feel better, then do it.  I don't, but did at first until I read what Fauci and several other "experts" said.

@tends2dogs I don't listen to him, and we almost always let them sit at least a day.  IF it is something we need to open, we don gloves and mask, open the outer container and if needed wipe off the item with wipes.

Why wouldn't you?  People being stuff to the door unmasked and without gloves--and all that stuff they handle?  

Super Contributor

I also had my doubts about Fauci...In the summer...he actually said it is OK for people to have sex with someone they just met.....with mask on....REALLY???

I think the forum and fame has gotten to his head....likes to hear himself talk....just like King Cuomo in my home state....

Valued Contributor

It's a fine line between cautious and paranoid.

Honored Contributor

Like a kid, I can't wait to get them inside,  rip them open to see what I got.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment