Super Contributor

who lets deliveries SIT for a few days...

[ Edited ]

Since March...we have left any deliveries, non food of course, sit in the garage for 3-4 days...

Too cautious or smart?

Respected Contributor

Re: who lets deliveries SIT for a few days...

I must admit that I don't. I usually open it that day. There is nothing wrong with being cautious though.

Esteemed Contributor

We use to let most things sit a day or two. Now, we just take our orders out of the box and bring in. 

Esteemed Contributor

Too cautious.  Dr. Fauci said that it isn't necessary to sanitize mail or packages..........if that is important to you.

If it makes you feel better, then do it.  I don't, but did at first until I read what Fauci and several other "experts" said.

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Honored Contributor

@ProudMa 

I have never done that. It isn’t necessary. I open packages ASAP and afterward I wash my hands. 

If you think it is safe to open food why isn’t it safe to open non-food? 

Frequent Contributor

I did let packages sit a few days in the beginning of the pandemic and I wiped down the groceries. Now I don't do either of those things, but I make sure to wash my hands after handling new packages and groceries.

Esteemed Contributor

Sometimes we will let things sit for a day maybe.  Never did much longer than that in the beginning.  Like others you just have to be mindful to wash your hands before touching anything else.  Everyday I do wipe my house door handles and the alarm pad as those are contaminated with every entrance and exit.

Honored Contributor

I bring groceries in and then put them away.  I don't let them stand at all.  Wash my hand thoroughly afterwards.  Same with the mail.

Honored Contributor

I run to mailbox and bring in and hold breathe I got what it's suppose to be

like a kid at christmas hahahahhha  If I left anything in garage a mouse would get iit first.

Trusted Contributor

I did for about a month back in March/April.  Today, I open them right up.  Good thing, too - defective items found and needed to be returned.