Valued Contributor

Re: who is the most boring pitchman on TV?

I didn't say I like the pillows.  I said that Mike was not boring. 

Trusted Contributor

@Krimpette

I was wondering how her pillows are. 

Can you tell me what you like about hers?

Honored Contributor

@Qshopper1991  I like a firmer pillow.  Hers fit the bill for me.  They are slightly tapered towards the neck area.  One side is covered in a material that is supposed to be "cooler" than the fabric on the other side.  (I always choose the cooler side).  They retain their shape throughout the night for me.

Trusted Contributor

@Krimpette

Same.  I can't stand a soft pillow.  I wake up with headaches.

They sound good.  I'll have to try at least one to compare it to the My Pillow. 

Respected Contributor

Harry Slatkin bores me to know end. He goes on and on about his fragrant candles embellishing them to high heaven.  Little does he know it can buy just as good candles at Big Lots or Target. He comes off as a rich socialite type of person. He gets turned off if I see him.

Respected Contributor

All of them EXCEPT Ron Popeil.  He invented the "TV Pitchman" and he was absolutely the best at it. 

Miss him.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I find Dan Wheeler to have a very sweet, kind, and gentlemanly personality. He does a very professional job of getting the necessary information delivered without a lot of hysterics and giggling. He might not have movie star looks, but he looks like your average guy...somebody that everyone can relate to. I'm more impressed with a "pitchman's" personality than with their appearance. Appearance is such a superficial item by which to judge a person.

When I watch an item being sold on tv, I want a host who is pleasant and professional about getting the necessary information out there about sizing, fit, length, fabrication, washing instructions, colors, etc. before my size and color choice sells out. I don't want to have to hurry over to my computer to try to find the item on there and see what colors and sizes are left. Also, get the models out there early, so we can see how the item hangs on the models...and please don't "pin" the model in the back. There are a lot of attractive female sales representatives who fail to deliver the information you desire before purchasing the item...and deliver a lot of mindless chatter and giggling in time that could be put to better use.

JMO.

A kind gesture can reach a wound that only compassion can heal. ~~ Steve Maraboli
Respected Contributor

Yardilie, Dan Wheeler may be boring but he was a devoted family man. I do worry about Dan since his wife's passing. His daughters are grown now. Men can't handle the death of a spouse. I think Dan may still be in a grieving stage. He doesn't look happy to me anymore.