Super Contributor

Re: who is the most boring pitchman on TV?

Boring?? Absolutely it's Lessman but HSN has some of the most aggravating reps on any shopping channel.  Diane Gilman, The braying donkey from slinky, Adriene, Adriane, Adrien (correct spelling) Arpel.  Chukerman, Carol Brodie (sounds like she's gargling) and many more.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@excpa wrote:

My vote is for Andrew Lessman.   

Boring...I agree Andrew L from HSN.  He speaks in a very slow, monotone voice and spends hours plodding thru product 
reviews that can be seen online!

PS - had to add, but I do use many of his products!!

Honored Contributor

Literally boring, as in snoozefest?

QVC’s two Dans and Mary Beth.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

That My Pillow guy ranks #1 to me.

Esteemed Contributor

Marie Osmond and Nutrisystem

Honored Contributor

I don't remember his name but he was the man who presented The 'Surgeon's Secret' products on QVC.  He could put anyone to sleep.

Honored Contributor

Yes the My Pillow guy with his blue shirt and  his "necklace " showing outside his buttoned shirt.

Honored Contributor

Coin Collector Guy.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Trusted Contributor

@MENTL wrote:

Boring?? Absolutely it's Lessman but HSN has some of the most aggravating reps on any shopping channel.  Diane Gilman, The braying donkey from slinky, Adriene, Adriane, Adrien (correct spelling) Arpel.  Chukerman, Carol Brodie (sounds like she's gargling) and many more.

I'm a little sad to see you mention Lessman as the most boring.  Years ago, before I ever listened to him, I considered him a "snake oil salesman" kind of person, but once I actually became interested in supplements, I came to appreciate all the information he gives out.  He actually seems to want to impart basic knowledge as well as sell his products, so yes, it does seem like a "lecture"  and that is really what it is, he's lecturing about supplements in general and I guess it's not too exciting.

But about the "braying donkey" from slinky, well it's a cruel way to describe her, but I have to agree her voice can send chills up and down your spine.  You hit the nail on the head, she's very, very difficult to listen to.  I don't even know if she's actually boring, because I can't listen to her long enough to find out.

QVC Customer Care